Falcon IT is seeking a Software Developer/Architect (Java) for a long term project in Washington, DC supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). This is a full time employment opportunity.
We are seeking a Software Engineer who can design software systems solutions and lead software development teams in implementing those solutions for our customers. The successful candidate will be able to assess customer requirements, design solutions including systems architectural documents and diagrams, and lead software development teams to develop, test, and field the solutions. The candidate will have demonstrated successful experience with Java, various web development technologies and frameworks, commercial and open source development and database systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with project managers, business analysts, and customers to develop understanding of business needs to develop solution designs
- Lead development teams to implement solutions
- Communicate with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet team goals
- Assist in providing design principles and implementing repeatable design patterns
- Participate in code reviews
- Leverage open source and other technologies and various programming languages
- Design and implement new build processes and automated deployment routines for enterprise software solutions in the cloud
- Develop cutting edge solutions maximizing the performance and scalability; distribute processing capabilities of the system
- Provide troubleshooting and root cause analysis
Experience / Technical Skills:
- 8+ years Java development experience
- 2+ years functioning in a team lead role
- AWS cloud experience, S3, ECS, Lambda, etc.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Highly motivated, curious, capable and a lifetime learner
- Experience with developing distributed web applications, in a large, complex and evolving environment
- Experience with n-tier web application development using Python or Java programming language
- Experience with content and process management systems such as Alfresco, Hyland, or OpenText
- Experience with Cloud environment and infrastructure, Amazon Web Services preferred
- Experience with Jira/Confluence and Agile software development methodology
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and secure system design
- Knowledge of virtual machine and container technologies, Docker Container
- Knowledge of Relational and NoSQL Databases management.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences to describe solutions.
- Able to mentor junior developers in the disciplines of software development
- This position requires a Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science, Math or Engineering
- 10+ years' IT development experience required
Clearance: Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Falcon IT & Staffing Solutions