We are currently seeking an F5 Engineer to work with our client in Northern VA.
*** Ideally candidates will possess a TS/SCI with FS Poly. Candidates who have a TS/SCI and willing to get a FS poly may be considered ***
Skills, Attributes and experience:
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to successfully articulate and transfer complex ideas to a wide audience.
- The ability to work well with all levels of customer employees and management, and to be self-motivated and flexible.
- Understanding of server operating environments, including a strong background in UNIX, and experiences with switches, routers and firewalls in intranet/Internet/extranet environments.
- Ability to apply a thorough understanding of IP routing and TCP and UDP service provision in environments that are technically complex and also may be complex from an organizational perspective.
- Strong understanding of the OSI networking model as well as protocols such as HTTP, SSL and other server concepts.
- The ability to work both with and without direct supervision.
- Technical sales of enterprise network solutions to corporate accounts a plus.
- Must have an Active Top Secret Security Clearance with Full Polygraph (preferred)as you will be engaging with Federal contracts
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, with a focus on architecture and design of network or systems infrastructure, performance and management
- Experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer, preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of technologies including TCP/IP networking and services such as DNS.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table. When not on-site at customer location, the position may be remote or at nearest F5 office.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer / laptop, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Job requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Duties require the ability to travel up to 50% or greater via automobile and airplane, and may require periodically outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
It is also helpful if candidates have experience with
- GateD, ZebOS, NameD, SSH daemons and clients, tcpdump, snoop, ethereal and other packet sniffing software or products.
- Configuring or managing OSPF, BGP, static and dynamic routing with firewall technology for any organization.
- Configuring services such as LDAP and RADIUS services, DNS domains, sub-domains and secondary name servers.
- Personal or professional experience in programming in interpreted languages such as bourne shell, bash and korn shell.
- Professional experience including coding for SOAP/XML communication or Common Object Request Broker Architectures.