Job Title: District Manager
Division: Multi Customer Fresh-Cut Flower Program
Reports to: Senior Sales Manager
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Northern California
The District Manager position will oversee the commercial floral account with a high concentration on strategy and planning. Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) being responsible for the profit and loss of your area, utilizing data to identify areas of growth and opportunity, visiting your team regularly in the field to ensure policies and initiatives are being implemented and followed up on, as well as developing strong relationships with your team and your accounts; creating plans to meet organizational goals, identifying new talent to bring to your team and overall ensuring the quality of the fresh-cut flowers being provided for our customers.
We are looking for District Manager with a strong work ethic, proven multi-location management experience in the retail/merchandising industry, as well as proven ability to grow and develop a team.
We are looking for a highly motivated and qualified candidate to be District Manager within the Northern California area to represent Falcon Farms to our customers and floral accounts with 30+ locations throughout the area.
- Responsible for the success and profitability of all locations within assigned area by analyzing P&L, manage budgets and other operating statements
- Develop business plans and execute to ensure company goals are met through efficient flow processes
- Effectively use tools for superior inventory presentation and management of portfolio
- Track overall area performance, develop effective ways to fill in gaps between actual performance and company projections, prioritize store performance issues and create action plans to meet organizational goals.
- Cultivate business relationships with store leaders, Field Supervisors, Sales team, and peers through productive business meetings.
- Identify new business opportunities with operational area; distribution flow, merchandising and schematic plans, recruiting strategy, training and development, employee relations and customer service
- Spends a minimum of 40% time in the field with their Field Supervisor team to ensure proper execution of company initiatives, policies, and procedures. Responsible to follow up in the field on all agreed plans to ensure proper execution, advice and adjust plans as needed
- Actively network to identify outside talent and bring to the team. Will work closely with supervisor team to hire great candidates
- Develop and mentor the field team. Participate in career path plans, oversee implementation of training programs. Provide continuous coaching to guide and motivate the field team
- Cultivate and grow a committed team of Field Supervisors that will maintain profit margin and implement business plan
- Ensure all contractual agreements for each customer is met
- Safeguard quality of product, inventory levels, staffing, and safety
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- 2+ years of multi-unit management experience in a sales related field
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Business development and strategy implementation knowledge
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to sell, manage and drive growth
- Excellent customer relationship management skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Working experience in Excel and Microsoft
- Ability to travel to multiple locations
- Ability to interface with associates and customers
- Must be able to work long and flexible hours
- Open availability, weekends required
- Able to push and pull freezer doors weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to lift 20-50 pounds
- Unload trucks occassional
- Bending, lifting, stooping, walking, standing, twisting
- Repetitive hand/wrist/finger movements
- Limited sitting
- Ability to drive long distances
Associate reporting to this position: