Purpose of the Job:
The Audio Engineer assists the Audio Director, Worship Pastor, and Campus Pastors in cultivating a life giving, passionate, and distraction free environment where people experience the presence of God at Faith Church.com through the spiritual and musical leadership of Staff, Dream Team, and other people or groups as assigned by the Audio Director, Worship Pastor, and Campus Pastors.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Associate Degree or equivalent in the field of (one or more) electronics, communications, audio production, media, or music.
- 5 years of experience in live mix, sound reinforcement, AV broadcast and/or music production.
- Possess a musical background, having experience in multi-track audio recording or professional audio systems.
- The ability to operate a medium sized sound reinforcement system with sensitivity to both musical and ministry excellence.
- The ability to function at a high level of effectiveness and remain calm and respectful in stressful situations.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills with relational leadership and team-building skills required.
· Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, Slack, Avid Pro Tools, and Waves Tracks Live.
· Ability to learn and use Faith Church.com systems – Planning Center Online, Church Community Builder
- Ability to create, coordinate, and lead a worship experience with a team from an audio perspective.
Central Functions and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all audio elements for services and events at an assigned campus.
- Serve as primary troubleshooting and management contact for Audio at an assigned campus including updating hardware, software, and equipment firmware, regularly maintaining and cleaning all equipment, loading and programming content for services and events, and managing the campus Dream Teamers.
· Assist Audio Director and in project execution and coordination for other Campuses.
- Participate and contribute to accomplish major Faith Church.com Audio projects and department goals.
- Manage and oversee operation of all audio equipment in distributed systems at an assigned campus for the main auditorium, including Faith Kids, conference rooms/offices, and other locations as needed.
- Assist the Audio Director by maintaining accurate and up to date information of Faith Church.com Audio Dream Team members on Planning Center Online, Church Community Builder, and through verbal communication.
- Serve as primary manager and mobilizer of all aspects of an assigned campus audio Dream Team, including recruitment, training, scheduling, ministry relations, leadership development, appreciations, social events, and relationship management.
- Work closely with the Audio Director and Audio Team members to ensure that equipment and operational procedures are being developed collectively and followed when operating equipment, mixing, maintenance, and training.
· Suggest improvements and best practices when appropriate using proper channels.
- Organize, schedule, and attend regular training sessions for current and potential Dream Teamers.
- Create a system of leadership development to cultivate and train potential Dream Team leaders at an assigned campus.
- Travel to an assigned campus as needed to attend meetings, observe services, or assist with mixing, equipment management, installations, and training.
- Available to work evenings and weekends and in a high profile and high-stress environment as required.
- Willing to periodically carry a heavy workload at heavy ministry times.
- Periodic travel to and from offsite campuses and event locations
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Personal initiative and resourcefulness; ability to act and resolve needs independently.
- Able to deliver excellence with limited management direction.
- Build healthy relationships with the Audio Team, Lead Team of an assigned campus, and other key leaders, adding value to every area.
· All other duties as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist other Faith Church.com departments with audio and/or general equipment support.
- Manage the maintenance and repair of Faith Church.com Campus Audio equipment.
· During non-business hours should be available for rare emergency work.
· All other duties as assigned.
· Positive attitude
· Heart of a servant
· Share the vision of Faith Church.com to fulfill the Great Commission with integrity and passion.
· High capacity multi-task individual comfortable working independently without constant supervision.
· Strong written / oral communication and interpersonal skills.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Extent of Public Contact:
· Pastors and staff members.
· Worship Team and Worship Dream Team members.
· Audio Team and Audio Dream Team members, and Audio sub-contractors.
· Physically fit enough to load in and load out speakers and equipment for portable campuses and other events requiring audio support.
· The ability to drive personal vehicle or a Highlands vehicle and travel to off-site Highlands campuses for equipment repair, maintenance, installation at campuses, and to Central for meetings.
· Campus Dream Team members of Faith Church.com Audio.