- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Teacher Job Description
General Description: To model, uphold, and facilitate the school mission of being dedicated to building academic excellence, developing Christ-like character, and equipping students to serve others. To help fulfill the school vision to inspire and nurture academic growth, to equip students to think biblically and critically, to help each individual live life in a manner worthy of the Lord, demonstrating the fruit of the Spirit wherever called by God to serve, to develop our students to be leaders and influencers, and to impact our world as servants of Christ.
Reports To: Principal
- Acknowledge Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and seek to live life as His disciple.
- Maintain a close, personal walk with the Lord and be a credible Christian role model, in and out of school, in attitude, speech, and action as evidenced by the fruit of the Spirit.
- Actively participate in a local Bible-believing church.
- Be able to support and comply with the school’s Statement of Faith.
- Possess Biblical knowledge and the ability to integrate Scripture into subject matters taught.
- Be respectful of the many denominations that are represented in the school and the differences that exist among them.
- Perform all assigned duties and abide by the conditions of policies set forth in the Employee Handbook and the Parent-Student Handbook.
- Maintain a personal appearance of cleanliness and modesty.
- Maintain proper boundaries with students as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Observe appropriate confidentiality regarding students, parents, and school matters.
- Teach subjects and classes as assigned by administration using approved curriculum and supplementary materials in alignment with the approved scope and sequence.
- Maintain open lines of communication with Faith Bible students, families, and staff. This includes encouraging/informative phone calls, conversations, letters, or emails as well as holding scheduled conferences with the parents and students in order to keep families informed as to student progress and development. This also includes the Matthew 18 principle in conflict resolution. All communications should be carried out with a positive and supportive spirit.
- Be involved (as you are able) in extracurricular school events involving students (i.e. sports, concerts, and various performances or activities).
- Carry out any other specific duties as assigned by the Co-administrators/Principals.
Faith Bible Christian School
HealthcareView all jobs at Faith Bible Christian School