Fairwinds Technologies (FWT) is driven by innovation, incrementalism & integrity (i3) to deliver a future proof working prototype to revolutionize Wireless and SATCOM systems. FWT values your skills, training, academic laurels, hands on achievement to deliver by being part of our experienced team.
FWT is seeking a candidate for the development, implementation, and testing of signal processing algorithms for high performance active planar array antenna systems using multi-core processors. The successful candidate will have strong analytic and communication skills, work well in a dynamic and multi-disciplinary environment. This position is work from home up to 75% of the time, 25% in Lab environment at the office.
FWT is seeking a Multi-Core DSP engineer to be part of a small team with focused effort to create custom digital signal processing solutions for cutting edge antenna systems. The individual must be able to work in a fast pace, time bound deliverable environment to implement real-time DSP algorithms to test with RF hardware to deliver complete solutions for modern active planar array satellite & terrestrial communication systems. This position will research, design, and implement new algorithms to enhance signal processing capabilities. Apply advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts to develop revolutionary system solutions. Support integration and test, evaluate test results, investigate discrepancies, provide technical assessment of anomalies, and drive issues to resolution.
This position requires the ability to perform complex, intricate signal analysis and coding.
Hands on experience with developing, coding, and debugging encoding/decoding algorithms for multi-core DSPs from Texas Instruments and experience with interfacing with ADC/DAC, RF Chip sets, Frequency Conversion, & PCI-e data buses.
This engineer will provide expertise to and coordinate with a team of cross-functional engineers to provide DSP solutions.
Candidate must be a self-motivated team player with excellent technical and communication skills.
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering and five (5) years of relevant DSP software development experience. An equivalent combination of education and relevant current related DSP experience may be considered.
- Must have a strong mathematical background with a firm understanding of advanced modulation techniques, digital communications and bit-stream analysis.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to create and maintain strong working relationships with your team, with cross-functional or management teams, and with onsite and offsite customers.
- Requires experience with technical writing to prepare reports and documentation.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of the Linux Operating System.
- Requires excellent C/C++ programming skills, including experience with modern debuggers and version control system support.
- Must be able to work and adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Required to travel CONUS and OCONUS as necessary.
To demonstrate success, you will:
- Define, create, and develop signal algorithms and properly program those algorithms in a variety of software products.
- Analyze and provide input on relevant hardware requirements for core signal work.
- Prepare presentations and briefings for customers and community working groups.
- Participate and coordinate on a skilled engineering team that contributes strongly to an advanced line of systems.
Desired Additional Skills:
- Knowledge and understanding of RF and receiver concepts.
- Digital Communication Systems experience.
- RF/Modulation hardware/software background.
- Experience with intelligence community signal analysis tools.
- Security +
- Experience with Agile methodologies and experience with a variety of software development environments and tools
- High speed ADC/DAC, RF Chipset, PCI-e bus, Vector Modulation, Coherent Combining, Parallel Processing and proficiency in MATLAB.
- Functional knowledge of Phased Array Antenna Systems or Electronic Warfare systems, subsystems and components, PCB layout (OrCAD), strong analytical, applied mathematics and problem-solving skills.
PhD/MS Students: Are Encouraged to apply if you have hands on experience with multi-core DSP, and have a strong desire to learn to be part of advanced research RF communication systems. The Possibility to use some of the work for MS/PhD Thesis can be explored.
Why join FWT? – You will be part of possibly the game changing innovations to reap the fruits of working at FWT with job satisfaction that offers flexible working environment, work from home/office, and $0 Employee Healthcare/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Premium Share (Fairwinds covers the entire Health Insurance Premium + an employer funded HSA that covers your individual deductible, we have determined this benefit is worth about $8k more than the average employer).
This Position Offers Salary + Numerous opportunities for Growth
FWT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status
The leadership offers excellent compensation consisting of competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and performance based bonuses, plus career advancements.