Job Function: Material Handler
Reports to: Department Supervisor
The Material handler is responsible for unloading, loading, handling, moving, and staging product.
- Unload, load, handle and move product safety and efficiently.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and damage free.
- Report quality issues and quantity variances.
- Prepare and configure inbound shipments to item specifications for best storage results.
- Prepare product for shipment, ensuring customer label placement compliances are being followed.
- Opening freight doors and warehouse dock doors.
- Maintain work area in neat, clean and orderly fashion.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures when performing tasks.
- Adhere to all safe work practices and organizational policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or GED
- 0-2 years minimum level of experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of radio frequency(RF) equipment
- Constant standing/walking while performing duties
Handle boxes up to 70 lbs. with repetitive squatting, bending and twisting
- Push/Pull occasionally, using both arms/hands
- Constant bending/twisting
Pay Rate: $13.00/hr-$13.50/hr
Work is performed primarily in a warehouse environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. The employee is often required to use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as desired.