FAIRVIEW SEARCH GROUP, LLC
Career Opportunity: Internal Audit Manager
Employment Type - Direct Hire
Compensation: Competitive Base Salary plus Bonus
Position Overview – 2520
Fairview Search Group, LLC is seeking an Internal Audit Manager for a leading Fortune 300 Global leader with revenues of over $5B. This company offers excellent growth opportunities as well as a casual work environment and great Corporate Culture.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Performs risk assessment activities, prepares the annual internal audit plan and oversees updating of various audit programs as needed
- Plans, supervises, and conducts operational, compliance and financial audits ensuring appropriate quality work is performed within budgeted time frames
- Completes work programs for audit areas requiring strong technical skill
- Drafts audit reports intended for senior management and/or the Audit Committee Works with business process leaders and control owners to identify solutions to solve problems, improve work processes and strengthen controls
- Identifies and recommends potential areas for audit involvement that may result in cost savings or improved profit potential
- Identifies and recommends strategies to drive audit efficiency through automation, standardization and stream lining of activities
- Coordinates and collaborates regularly with the external auditors ensuring adequate audit coverage, avoiding duplication of work and making use of each other’s work to the maximum extent possible
- Participates in recruiting, selecting and evaluating staff personnel
- Manages certain co-sourced and/or contracted audit work streams
- Conducts research on various auditing and accounting standards and topics. Develops strategies on how to adopt or implement new standards (when necessary)
- Performs special projects and investigations assigned by the Director or Executive Management
- Manages, trains, mentors, coaches and motivates internal audit team members
- Applies professional judgment and business acumen to resolve complex issues
- Stays abreast of current industry developments in auditing and accounting, including SEC and PCAOB guidance as applicable
- Performs other accounting and auditing duties as directed
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field. MAC or MBA preferred
- 7-10 years of experience obtained through a mix of public accounting and/or industry experience
- At least 2 years of related supervisory/management experience
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in analyzing, evaluating and solving problems of a difficult procedural, organizational, administrative or technical nature.
- Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP, SOX, COSO, financial accounting and auditing methodologies and techniques
- Experience auditing in an Oracle environment is desired
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organization and facilitate the implementation of corrective action
- Familiarity with manufacturing environment preferred
- Professional certification such as CPA, CIA, CISA or CMA required
Forward resume immediately for a confidential review to email@example.com or use the “Apply” option.
Visit us at www.fairviewsearch.com for additional opportunities.
Fairview Search Group, LLC is a Charlotte, North Carolina based Executive Search and Staffing / Recruiting firm specializing in the placement of Accounting, Finance, Tax, Treasury, Audit, Information Technology and Project Management professionals in all industries.