Full time, 72-80 hours per pay period. Day/Evening shift. 8 and 12 hour shift lengths. Every other weekend.
Responsible for maintaining a safe therapeutic milieu under the direction and supervision of the BH Director and the BH Service Line Social Worker Supervisor. To provide group and individual therapy to patients on the acute unit under the supervision of LICSW. In addition, assist, and observe patients on the unit so that the goals and objectives of the treatment are achieved.
- Provide group/recreational therapy.
- Plan and facilitate therapeutic groups and individual activities and utilize current evidence based practices for the identified population.
- Demonstrate skill in utilizing psychologically based information to establish good interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrates and implements verbal de-escalation as evidenced by minimal special interventions.
- One year Mental Health experience preferred.
- One or more years previous psychiatric patient care experience and group experience preferred.
- Four year degree in Psychology, Social work or related field.
- BCS certification current or within 3 months of employment and maintains certification.
- BLS current or within 6 months of employment and maintains certification
- MHP preferred or eligible within first 2,000 hours or four years of employment.