Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1853, HealthEast St. Joseph's Hospital in downtown St. Paul is proud to hold the distinction as Minnesota's first hospital. Although much has changed in health care since the hospital's early days, the practice of providing high quality, compassionate care remains constant. From technology to education, family support and spirituality to community outreach, our commitment ensures you'll always receive high quality, compassionate care.
A Blue Distinction Center+ for cardiac care, HealthEast St. Joseph's Hospital is a member of the University of Minnesota's Family Medicine and Community Health residency program and is Medicare certified.
This is for full time, Evening, benefit eligible position.
- Performs manual decontamination to remove organic and inorganic materials from reusable surgical and non-surgical instruments and equipment
- Performs manual decontamination and disinfection of patient care equipment (e.g. infusion and DVT devices) and carts, etc
- Performs visual post-decontamination inspection of reusable surgical and non-surgical instruments and equipment to verify they are free of organic and inorganic materials, they are complete and they function properly
- Assembles surgical and non-surgical instrument sets and equipment systems
- Performs package enclosure, using peel pouches and rolls, sterile wrapping, rigid containment systems and other enclosure methods
- Performs biological and chemical testing as appropriate for high-level disinfection and sterilization systems
- Operates automated processing equipment such as instrument washers, sterilizers, biological incubators, heat sealers and other commonly used automated, non-automated and electronic equipment in sterile processing
- Completes legal sterilization and high-level disinfection records, and other records, checklists and forms
- Assembles surgical case carts. with sterile processed and sterile product supplies
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Requires successful completion of a Sterile Processing, Surgical Technician or commitment to enroll in a sterile processing program and complete within the first 24 months of employment
- CSPDT certification or CRCST certification required upon hire or within the first 24 months of employment
- 1 year experience working in an Acute Care facility preferred
- Sterile processing experience
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services. Joined by HealthEast in June 2017, Fairview is one of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state, with 12 hospitals-including an academic medical center and long-term care hospital-serving the greater Twin Cities metro area and north-central Minnesota.
Its broad continuum also includes 56 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, senior living communities, retail and specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management services, rehabilitation centers, counseling and home health care services, medical transportation, an integrated provider network and health insurer PreferredOne. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, Fairview's 32,000 employees and 2,400 affiliated providers embrace innovation to drive a healthier future through healing, discovery and education.
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/DisabledAll qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
Requisition ID 2019-40073
Profession Non-Clinical Support Staff
Location St Joseph's Hospital
Hours per 2 weeks 80
Department Sterile Processing