We are looking for a full time (1.0FTE) RN Referral Specialist who;
Responds to inquiries about hospice services and referrals to hospice in a timely manner.
Introduces hospice services and provides information and support to patient and family/caregivers in end-of-life decisions.
Facilitates seamless transition to hospice service for patients and families/caregivers.
Coordinates hospice admission with care management, hospital providers, and other health care professionals in inpatient and outpatient settings.
Reviews medical records and documents relevant clinical findings to support eligibility for hospice services.
Communicates physical, psychosocial, and environmental assessment to hospice interdisciplinary team.
- Facilitates discussion about hospice services, philosophy, and payer sources with patients referred to hospice and their families/caregivers. Determines if patient and family/caregiver are interested in initiating hospice care.
- Assesses patient and reviews medical record for data to support patient's eligibility for hospice. Communicates clinical findings to hospice medical director/physician to determine hospice eligibility. Documents clinical data in EMR.
- Verifies payer information with patient and family/caregiver. Applies correct insurance information to each referral.
- Obtains required signatures and information for hospice admission. Obtains initial orders for hospice service, confirms attending provider, and obtains verbal certification of terminal illness. Completes required consents/documents for admission to hospice.
- Reviews medications with hospice medical director/physician to determine coverage. Assists in-patient providers with discharge medication orders. Coordinates with pharmacy to deliver hospice medications. Reconciles medications in EMR.
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Assesses and provides interventions for patient symptom management and coping. Communicates assessment of patient and family/caregiver to hospice IDT.
- Develops relationships with referral sources. Attends care conferences and rounds as requested and appropriate. Educates providers and other health care professionals about hospice services and timely referrals.
- Collaborates with Program Director and Manager of Referrals and Admissions to develop plans to market hospice. Responds to trends in referral and admission data to support census growth
- Communicates regularly with Program Director and Manager of Referrals and Admissions about concerns in admission process. Applies effective communication and interpersonal skills to resolve customer experience concerns.
- Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting approaches to reflect developmental level and cultural differences of population served
- Partners with patient care giver in care/decision making.
- Communicates in a respective manner.
- Ensures a safe, secure environment.
- Individualizes plan of care to meet patient needs.
- Modifies clinical interventions based on population served.
- Provides patient education based on as assessment of learning needs of patient/care giver.
- Fulfills all organizational requirements
- Completes all required learning relevant to the role
- Complies with and maintains knowledge of all relevant laws, regulation, policies, procedures and standards.
- Fosters a culture of improvement, efficiency and innovative thinking.
- Performs other duties as assigned
One year recent RN experience.
Computer skills: able to document effectively in Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
Licensed as a RN and eligible to practice in Minnesota
Current CPR certification (BLS for Healthcare Providers)
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
RN experience in oncology, med/surg, critical care or high tech home care/ hospice.
Additional Requirements :
Current and adequate automobile insurance policy
Valid Minnesota driver's license (or license that matches your current permanent residence)
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services. Joined by HealthEast in June 2017, Fairview is one of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state, with 12 hospitals-including an academic medical center and long-term care hospital-serving the greater Twin Cities metro area and north-central Minnesota.
Its broad continuum also includes 56 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, senior living communities, retail and specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management services, rehabilitation centers, counseling and home health care services, medical transportation, an integrated provider network and health insurer PreferredOne. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, Fairview's 32,000 employees and 2,400 affiliated providers embrace innovation to drive a healthier future through healing, discovery and education.
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/DisabledAll qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
Requisition ID 2019-39500
Profession Nursing (RN/LPN)
Location Home Care & Hospice-Minneapolis
Hours per 2 weeks 80
Department Nursing-Homecare Hospice