Fairview Health Services is looking for a RN in our Emergency Department at Fairview Southdale Hospital in Edina, MN. This is an evening position, 8 hour shifts with every other weekend. Benefit eligible.
The Emergency Department at Fairview Southdale is a 44 bed, Level 3 Trauma Center that treats over 55,000 patients per year. In addition to being a Trauma Center, the Hospital is a Cardiac Center of Excellence and a Comprehensive Stroke Center. Team members include Emergency Physicians, Registered Nurses, ER Techs, Health Unit Coordinators, Behavioral Health Professionals, Pharmacists and Case Managers.
- Emergency Department Registered Nurses are responsible and accountable for patient assessment, analysis, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention application, and the identification and evaluation of outcomes for patients of all ages and populations. The scope of practice extends from a patient's entry into the emergency room, and continues from triage through admission or discharge. Care is centered on patients and families experiencing acute or chronic, actual or potential physical or psychosocial problems. Unique to emergency nursing are processes that require resuscitation and or stabilization
- The patient population served by the Emergency Department consists of newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients requiring or seeking medical care. Services are provided in the areas of pediatrics, orthopedics, neurology, trauma, women's services general medical, surgical, mental health, and chemical dependency. The Department is certified as a Level III trauma center as defined by the State of Minnesota, including stabilization of critically ill or severely injured patients and transfer when appropriate.
- Fairview Southdale Hospital Emergency Department is part of the seven county metropolitan-wide emergency medical service network. The west metro EMS organization establishes the community practice of emergency medical services through their training standards, operating protocols, medical treatment procedures and protocols and system audit procedures.
- The Emergency Department consists of 44 multifunctional private rooms. All rooms have the capability to monitor heart rhythms, oxygen saturation, and blood pressure. In addition, three rooms have been established to manage critically ill or trauma patients, one of those specifically for pediatric patients. 3 rooms are designated to manage mental health patients of all acuities and can be used for medical patient in the event that patients require more medical interventions. 2 rooms are designated as triage rooms to assess patients and establish an ESI level for prioritizing patients based on their acuity and interventions that are time sensitive, for example EKG's, Blood Glucose, Nebulizer breathing treatments, etc. 4 rooms are designated for lower acuity patients but are set up to be flexible treatment space and can be used like any other ED exam room. All rooms are set up universally, right sided (every time you enter a room you enter on the right side of patients- when entering from the staff core). Standardized rooms, a patient/family designated side and a staff/provider designated side. Each room has a pass through to allow stocking and linen management from the exterior corridor.
- The Emergency Department has both an ambulatory and EMS/ambulance entrance. These areas are monitored by surveillance cameras and have an "emergency signal" to summon additional help. Access to diagnostic services is available 24 hours a day.
- The department has two radiology suites, two portable ultrasound machines and two CT scanning machines.
- The Registered Nurse is responsible for the assessment, planning, delivery, and evaluation of nursing care for all assigned patient population(s). The RN is responsible for performing these responsibilities in accordance with all policy, procedures, professional practice guidelines and the MN Nurse Practice Act. The RN coordinates care with members of the health care team and delegates responsibilities to others as appropriate.
- MN RN License
- BLS and ACLS for Health Care Providers
- Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) certification, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) within 1 year of hire.
- Must have at lease one to two years RN Emergency Department or adult ICU/Critical Care experience
- Certification by the board of Certification for Emergency Nursing as a CEN, and/or course in advanced trauma nursing (ATCN).
- Great customer service
- Adapt to an every changing environment.
- Must possess behaviors consistent with established Fairview code of conduct.
- Patient Centered
- Demonstrate the ability to work under stress in a variety of situations
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Exhibit excellent team work
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services. Joined by HealthEast in June 2017, Fairview is one of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state, with 12 hospitals-including an academic medical center and long-term care hospital-serving the greater Twin Cities metro area and north-central Minnesota.
Its broad continuum also includes 56 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, senior living communities, retail and specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management services, rehabilitation centers, counseling and home health care services, medical transportation, an integrated provider network and health insurer PreferredOne. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, Fairview's 32,000 employees and 2,400 affiliated providers embrace innovation to drive a healthier future through healing, discovery and education.
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/DisabledAll qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
Job Locations US-MN-Edina
**Requisition Post Information* : Posted Date** 9 hours ago (12/5/2019 12:31 PM)
Requisition ID 2019-45281
Profession Nursing (RN/LPN)
Speciality Nursing-Emergency/Critical Care/Trauma
Location Fairview Southdale Hospital
Hours per 2 weeks 48
Department Emergency Room