At Fairview Mesaba Clinics, the Nurse Practitioner is responsible for medication management for psychiatry patients in the outpatient setting.
- Clinical Practice & Case Management: Provides safe therapeutic care in holistic and systemic way to include the assessment and overall care management of a specified patient population under the supervision of an MD. Exercises independent judgment in the assessment, diagnosis and initiation of medical processes and procedures in line with nurse practice act. Has specialized knowledge and skill on matters of psychiatric disease management, pharmacology and education.
- Teamwork: Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines. Uses an integrated approach to patient outcomes.
- One year of progressive clinical nursing experience with primary care management of patient population with psychiatric disease.
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner license from MN Board of Nursing. Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) certification.
- Masters degree in advanced practice nursing.
- Three to five years of progressive clinical nursing experience with primary care management of patient population with psychiatric disease.
- Doctorate degree in advanced practice nursing.
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Fairview Range is a family of medical providers based in Hibbing, and includes Fairview Range Medical Center, Fairview Mesaba Clinics (with locations in Hibbing, Nashwauk and Mountain Iron), home care, hospice and a medical supply provider. Fairview Range offers more than 60 medical services, including ENT, surgery, urology, occupational therapy, cardiac rehabilitation, radiation therapy, sleep lab, sports medicine and obstetrics/gynecology, and also owns Fairview Range Greenview Residence, a memory care facility, located on the medical campus.
Through Fairview Range, you are connected to the most comprehensive health care network in northeastern Minnesota. We bring the finest physicians and caring staff together with the latest technology, newest equipment and facilities in the region.
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/DisabledAll qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
Requisition ID 2018-22699
Profession Advanced Practice Provider
Speciality Clinical Support-(NAR/MA/NST/Surg Tech)
Location Mesaba Clinic - Hibbing, MN
Hours per 2 weeks 80
Department MC Prov Psychiatry