Performs designated routine and some complex laboratory procedures and other procedures as defined by the clinic.
Fairview Health Services and HealthEast is looking for two experienced MLTs to join our primary care float pool! These are 0.8 FTE, 64 hrs/ pay period (benefit eligible) supporting 14 HealthEast clinics on the East side of St. Paul. There is the ability to work above the part-time FTE, if there's a need. The schedule is generally done two weeks in advance. We're needing availability to work eight hour shifts between the hours of 7am and 8pm with the ability to work every other weekend (weekends are dependent upon if we can fulfill the float pool FTE hours during the week).
- Performs and evaluates diagnostic testing to provide accurate and reliable laboratory results
- Treats abnormal results according to policies and procedures
- Completes orders, enters and verifies test results. Documents all written data, files or sorts paperwork. Completes other clerical functions accurately to ensure accurate test ordering and reporting of patient results
- Completes routine maintenance, troubleshoots and repair procedures on laboratory instruments to ensure proper operation. Completes appropriate documentation. Consults with technical support as required
- Performs specimen collection and processing to ensure the accurate and appropriate performance of patient testing while maintaining patient dignity, comfort and confidentiality
- Complies with laboratory safety and infection control policies to ensure a safe work environment
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements
- Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned
- Completion of an MLT/CLT program or equivalent. Must meet CLIA 88 specifications
- Certified Medical Lab Technician, MLT (ASCP) or eligible to sit for exam. Certification must be completed within one year of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Comprehensive knowledge of routine laboratory procedures, techniques and instruments
- 1 to 2 years clinical laboratory experience performing routine laboratory testing. Additional education may be substituted for up to one year of experience
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services. Joined by HealthEast in June 2017, Fairview is one of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state, with 12 hospitals-including an academic medical center and long-term care hospital-serving the greater Twin Cities metro area and north-central Minnesota.
Its broad continuum also includes 56 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, senior living communities, retail and specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management services, rehabilitation centers, counseling and home health care services, medical transportation, an integrated provider network and health insurer PreferredOne. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, Fairview's 32,000 employees and 2,400 affiliated providers embrace innovation to drive a healthier future through healing, discovery and education.
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/DisabledAll qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
Requisition ID 2019-34512
Profession Clinical/Direct Patient Care (non-nursing/allied Health)
Location HealthEast Clinic-Tamarack
Hours per 2 weeks 64
Department Tamarack Clinic