Fairview Health Services is looking for Medical Assistant to work at all of the following locations: Fairview Clinic - Eden Prairie in Eden Prairie, MN; Fairview Clinic- Prior Lake in Prior Lake, MN, Fairview Clinic - Savage in Savage, MN, Fairview Clinic- Edina in Edina, MN , Fairview Clinics -Uptown, in Minneapolis, MN, and Fairview Clinics - Lakes and Xerces both in Bloomington, MN. This is a full time, 80 hours every two week, benefit eligible position.
This Medical Assistant position supports the Flex Workforce. Flex workforce employees regularly travel to multiple clinics to fill open shifts and "regular" travel is defined as the expectation to be available to travel 100% at any time to different locations based on the business needs. The length of the assignment at a location will vary based on need (i.e. 1 day for ill call or an extended period of time), which includes the expectation to travel to more than one clinic during the day at a moment's notice. The nature of travel expectations (100%) and schedule expectations (unpredictable) provide a clear distinction between flex workforce employees and the expectations for travel (none or occasionally) and schedules (predictable) for other employees.
As a member of the care team, the Medical Assistant supports quality patient- and family-centered care principles through performing a variety of high level functions within a care team to support the needs of the healthcare team and patients/families. The Medical Assistant will gather information and documents to support the patient visit. The medical assistant is responsible for adhering to all policies, procedures and practice guidelines, promoting teamwork with all members of the health care team, maintaining complete, timely and accurate clinical documentation for each patient and continually looking for opportunities to improve processes and workflow
- Delivers care as delegated by the physician/authorized practitioner or RN, to assigned patient population, or individual patient.
- Prioritizes work based on patient acuity, available resources, patient/family preferences, provider schedule, in collaboration with the physician/authorized practitioner and other health care team members.
- Effectively communicates compliance and concerns to delegating physician/authorized practitioner/RN.
- Documents care in the medical record.
- Partners with patient/care-giver in care/decision making
- Engage in change to improve the work environment and patient experience
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program or LPN
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Ambulatory Care Experience
- AAMA Certification
- Excellent customer service, public relations and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work with a fluctuation in workload while working independently.
- Demonstrates focus on customer service/patient experience with every interaction.
- Ability to work as an effective team member to provide exceptional care.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Ability to embrace change and engage in ongoing process improvement.
- Ability to keyboard and utilize computer programs.
- Willingness to work at other sites is encourages.
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services. Joined by HealthEast in June 2017, Fairview is one of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state, with 12 hospitals-including an academic medical center and long-term care hospital-serving the greater Twin Cities metro area and north-central Minnesota.
Its broad continuum also includes 56 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, senior living communities, retail and specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management services, rehabilitation centers, counseling and home health care services, medical transportation, an integrated provider network and health insurer PreferredOne. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, Fairview's 32,000 employees and 2,400 affiliated providers embrace innovation to drive a healthier future through healing, discovery and education.
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/DisabledAll qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
Requisition ID 2019-39535
Profession Clinical/Direct Patient Care (non-nursing/allied Health)
Speciality Clinical Support Staff
Location South Metro (various locations)
Hours per 2 weeks 80
Department Flex Workforce