Fairview Health Services has an immediate opening for a Clinic Financial Resource Guide based out of the Fairview/HealthEast Maplewood Clinic, also supporting Fairview's Princeton Clinic, Fairview Lakes Medical Center and Clinic, and Fairview's Blaine Clinic.
Through face to face meetings, across all HealthEast clinics, the Clinic Financial Resource Guide will assist patients in successfully understanding and applying for healthcare insurance and/or various other financially related programs. Additionally, the Clinic Financial Resource Guide will partner with the Clinic Care Guide to support the patient with advocacy and follow up related to any and all applications. This role will also track patients that are at risk for not reapplying in a timely manner and proactively outreach to them to prevent lapses in insurance coverage.
This is a 1.0 FTE (80 hours per two week pay period), beneifts-eligible opening.
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Works closely with Clinic Care Guide to assist patients in obtaining and maintaining health care insurance/coverage.
- Provides financial assessments for uninsured patients and patients with limited coverage.
- Meets with patients in person to provide assistance with applications including but not limited to Medical Assistance, Waiver programs and other healthcare related assistance programs. Works actively with patients to fill out forms and ensure all necessary information is included in and during the application process.
- Advocates for patients in dealing with government programs. Tracks coverage for specific high cost patients and work to ensure coverage is reinstated in a timely and efficient manner prior to coverage being termed.
- Collaborates with various Health East departments, community organizations, county and state agencies to meet patient needs.
- Works closely with entire Health Care Home team to ensure communication is transparent and patient needs are met through utilization of everyone's skills set.
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in human services or other related field preferred
- Community Health Worker Certification preferred
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services. Joined by HealthEast in June 2017, Fairview is one of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state, with 12 hospitals-including an academic medical center and long-term care hospital-serving the greater Twin Cities metro area and north-central Minnesota.
Its broad continuum also includes 56 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, senior living communities, retail and specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management services, rehabilitation centers, counseling and home health care services, medical transportation, an integrated provider network and health insurer PreferredOne. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, Fairview's 32,000 employees and 2,400 affiliated providers embrace innovation to drive a healthier future through healing, discovery and education.
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/DisabledAll qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
Requisition ID 2019-39165
Profession Non-Clinical Support Staff
Speciality Administrative/Clerical/Customer Service
Location HealthEast Clinic-Maplewood
Hours per 2 weeks 80
Department Home HealthCare