Assistant Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Fairstead is a vertically integrated real estate investor, developer, owner, and operator specializing in affordable and mixed-income housing. Since 2014, Fairstead has acquired and/or developed more than $4 Billion of multifamily property across the country, and today owns a portfolio of 14,000 apartments in 16 states. The companys comprehensive platform provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design and construction, energy and sustainability, property management and social services.
Fairsteads primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel Right at Home. We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services. With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
- Work alongside the PM to oversee the day-to-day operations of In-unit and common area renovations
- Assist in development and maintenance of site logistics plan, in coordination with Project Manager and Director
- Manage construction schedule based on project team input, Trade Contractor progress and material deliveries
- Maintain project procurement
- Work alongside PM to issue RFPs and contracts
- Receive, review, forward and track status of submittals
- Initiate, prepare, review, track and distribute RFIs
- Assist in management of project permit process
- Assist in managing and overseeing project budgets alongside the accounting team
- Change management systems, including soliciting, receiving, reviewing, and preparing quotations and change orders
- Compile reports regarding financial performance of the project
- Preparation of monthly owner project status reports, as required, for approval by Project Manager
- Attend and/or lead project meetings;
- Work alongside the design team (Architect and Engineer) on construction administration
- Work alongside Fairsteads internal energy department on implementing new energy programs and initiatives
- Complete permit and project close-out
- Bachelors Degree Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or equivalent major;
- Minimum of 1-3 years of industry experience.
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products, including MS project
- Broad understanding of the design and construction industry;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Basic math/accounting skills;
- Functions effectively as part of a team;
- A highly entrepreneurial, self-motivated and results-oriented individual.
- Strong time management skills, adaptable with ability to manage multiple priorities & meet deadlines, and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times;
- Ability to understand and follow directions;
- Good time management skills and organizational skills;
- Ability to read drawings and specifications;
TechnologyView all jobs at Fairstead