Spanish High School Teacher
Fairmont Private Schools Anaheim, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Teaches individual subjects to high school students following the philosophy and curriculum guidelines of Fairmont Schools.
Spanish II CP
Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree is required, preferably in the subject(s) being taught. A passing grade on the CBEST, a valid Teaching Credential, and at least two years teaching experience is preferred. Must be able to relate professionally with students, parents, and staff.
Embrace the Fairmont Code and Fairmont’s 6 Teaching Standards:
At Fairmont, we provide a safe environment where all members of our community show respect and kindness to one another and protect and honor each other's rights, dignity, and individual differences.
Standard 1: Display subject matter and pedagogical expertise.
Standard 2: Show care and respect for all students.
Standard 3: Support the Fairmont organization.
Standard 4: Grow and develop as a member of a learning community.
Standard 5: Communicate effectively.
Standard 6: Demonstrate a strong commitment to student learning and growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following:
1) Develops and implements engaging and challenging lesson and unit plans that align to Fairmont’s curriculum standards and departmental expectations.
2) Provides students with weekly assignments.
3) Promotes Fairmont’s philosophy and actively works to develop a positive working environment among students, teachers, administrators and support staff.
4) Maintains a disciplined, safe, and academically stimulating classroom environment. Assures that the students have a thorough understanding of the high school rules, as well as the consequences for breaking them; and further assures consistency in applying the rules and consequences. These items are reinforced through the use and understanding of the High School Student’s Handbook.
5) Utilizes Fairmont adopted Management System (LMS) to conduct classes and communicate.
6) Facilitates and inspires student learning in and through the use of technology by designing learning opportunities that incorporate age-appropriate technology skills, using technology to assist with teaching and learning, modeling the effective use of technology.
7) Keeps Headmaster or Deans informed of students who need special attention in academic areas (below or above grade level) as well as behavioral issues.
8) Assesses student learning on a routine basis, keeps records and maintains such for progress reports, report cards, conferences, and student and parent requests. . The online grade book is updated weekly so parents and students can access up-to-date student records via Blackbaud. Uses all available information to
differentiate instruction according to the needs of the students.
9) Maintains an ongoing positive and professional communication with parents, encouraging parent conferences when appropriate.
10) Attends and actively participates in all meetings, in-service days, and workshops and shows evidence of follow through in classroom application. Continues to develop professionally through reading and attending workshops and conferences.
11) Arranges bulletin boards utilizing student’s work, assuring that the display is artistic and academically stimulating. Supports and attends orientation programs, Parent Night, Information Night, Open House,
Parent-Teacher Conferences, musical programs, sports events, graduation and all other special school activities and events when appropriate.
12) Maintains classroom, books, and supplies in a neat and orderly condition; and keeps appropriate staff apprised of needs for classroom equipment, books, teaching supplies, and maintenance.
13) Treats each student with dignity and respect promoting self-discipline and a positive attitude
14) Demonstrates teaching strategies appropriate for English Language Learners.
15) Must follow Fairmont employee dress code.
16) Sets a good example for students by arriving to class on time, dressing professionally, planning creative and productive lessons, and promptly evaluating and returning student work.
17) Maintains appropriate confidentiality.
18) Works very hard to meet the individual needs of the students.
19) Provide a minimum of one hour of planned Academic Assistance per week as scheduled with the Director.
20) Periodically supervises after school detention, study hall, and field trips, both day and overnight.
21) Carries on other duties as directed by the Assistant Head of School or Headmaster.
22) Understands and is knowledgeable about Fairmont policies including, emergency, fire, and earthquake procedures. Is ready to re-enforce these or convey them, when necessary, to the students.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Primarily an office/classroom position. May require significant degree of intermittent walking, bending, stooping, reaching, and stretching. May require lifting of up to 20 lbs.
Fairmont Private Schools
EducationView all jobs at Fairmont Private Schools