Hotel General Manager
- Expired: February 10, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The General Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the hotel with an emphasis on sales, financial management, quality assurance, and employee experience and guest satisfaction.
- Establish strong relationships, internal and external
- Supervise and develop the performance of all hotel operating departments.
- Create, implement and ensure full compliance with operating controls, SOP's, policies, procedures, and service standards.
- Responsible for handling all guest concerns and complaints and issues including prompt investigation and resolution.
- Promote hotel in industry or trade organizations.
- Ensure regular upkeep, repair, and overall general maintenance of hotel and system of ongoing maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Regular personal inspection of guest rooms, public areas, back of house. Assure that written lists are developed of corrective actions required for implementation by housekeeping, maintenance and operating departments.
- Guest service through leadership and example, establish a friendly, courteous, service-oriented approach to guests that is exhibited by all hotel employees.
- Establish and implement guest service standards for all departments, periodically review, identify problems, and corrective actions.
- Regular review of Front Office results in order to maximize room revenue.
- Identify problem areas and initiate solutions.
- Monitor sales levels in order to take steps to reverse negative sales trends.
- Manage ongoing profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue, payroll, cost of sales, and operating costs and goals are met if not exceeded.
- Develop and implement cost savings initiatives and strategies.
- Profit and Loss analysis and management.
- Prepare and present in partnership with VP of Operations monthly ownership recap.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food & Beverage, and Sales are on target and accurate. Review and identify areas of concern and develop plans to address as needed.
- Work with Sales and Revenue Management teams to maximize room yield and hotel revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Assist with procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment and services as necessary.
- Monthly forecasting of operating staff and cost expenditures.
- Monthly review of financial statements in order to correct problems, assure spending is in line, and to plan for future business.
- Review and approve all expenses in "other expense" categories in all departments.
- Regularly review all major expenses to assure that monies are wisely expended
- Minimum of 5 years progressive combined experience in 3 or 4-star hotel or hospitality organization, with a minimum of 3 years in a leadership role (General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Director of Operations, Hotel Manager, etc.)
- Experience in Lifestyle Brand
- Excellent and fluent knowledge of all aspects of hotel business management including sales, front and back of house operations, food & beverage operations, P&L and financial management, capital projects, and facilities management
- Knowledge and experience in computers including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local legislation related to hotel operations is a must
- Excellent and efficient time management skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff and employees
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems, complaints, and concerns as necessary
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees, management, clients, and vendors as necessary
- Able to work a flexible schedule in order to accommodate business levels
- Demonstrated Entrepreneurial Skill
- Savvy/Business Minded
About Fairlane Hotel
Where timeless style meets modern sensibility, and service reigns supreme, the Fairlane Hotels creates a beautiful and vibrant setting for your stay with just the right balance of luxury and rebellious spirit.
Welcome to the Music City - Nashville, Tennessee
Get fresh Assistant Hotel General Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.