Fairhaven Treatment Center is a residential and outpatient treatment facility for women with eating disorders. We are looking for a Recovery Specialist who will provide comprehensive client supervision and support and ensure a safe and therapeutic environment for our clients.
The Recovery Specialist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, supporting therapeutic programming, facilitate and share meals with clients, perform basic monitoring of vitals, facilitate observation of self-administered medication, and electronically chart notes.
- Undergraduate degree in Psychology, Social Work or related field
- Previous experience in a behavioral health residential facility
- Comfortable with routine and extended patient interaction
- Ability to develop a nurturing relationship with clients
- Compassionate and service oriented
- Able to work independently
- CPR and First Aid trained
- Basic computer skills to include use of Word and experience with electronic charting of notes
- Physical requirements include lifting objects of up to 20 lbs, ability walk up and down stairs
- Provide client-centered support for women with eating disorders
- Assist clients with emotion regulation
- Assist in preparation of meals and share supported meals with clients
- Monitor and manage access to bedroom, bathroom, outside access and common areas
- Perform checks at the campus to ensure environmental safety and client location
- Monitor basic vital signs to include heart rate, blood pressure, weight as directed by the program RN and electronically chart as needed
- Facilitate observation of self-administered prescription medications under the supervision of the program RN
- Maintain daily program structure
- Participate in on-going training for therapeutic interventions in order to maintain a safe, supportive, clinically sound milieu
- Respond to crisis situations and escalate appropriately
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, social work or related field preferred.
- 2 years experience in Behavioral Health.
- Eating disorder treatment experience preferred.
Required License or Certification:
- Driver's license is required with safe driving record