Fairhaven Treatment Center Job Description
Program or Clinical Director
The Community Therapist/Counselor will be responsible for assisting therapist with providing group counseling and oversight in a residential and partial hospitalization program for persons suffering from eating disorders and related mental health comorbidities. In addition, Community Therapist/Counselor will provide assistance to Recovery Staff, as needed, to include medication management, meal support, client management and skills training. Treatment is provided in the context of a clinical team, supervised by the Clinical Director and in coordination with the Medical Director.
Duties and responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
Client centered care
- Under the guidance of the Program or Clinical Director, attend group therapy sessions for the purposes of facilitating related sessions that reinforce or support the therapist led groups
- Facilitate group therapy sessions as assigned
- Be prepared to intervene, de-escalate, crisis-manage emotionally charged situations with clients
- Provide information to therapy team, escalate crisis situations to therapists, as needed
- Take on client care needs from Recovery Staff to allow Recovery Staff to perform duties
Recovery Staff assistance
- Act as first level of escalation for Recovery Staff to problem solve, resolve issues, triage to the appropriate manager
- Be prepared to deliver, lead and/or instruct on key Recovery Staff duties, to include medication management, meal plating and preparation, and client management activities (i.e., in-process/out-process, pass management)
- Train Recovery Staff in client care as needed (i.e., de- escalation training, non-reactivity training)
- Completes all required documentation in a timely and comprehensive manner
- Documentation as required for clinical, human resources, training needs
Support the long term clinical and business success of
- Take on additional responsibilities as needed based on unique skillsets and programming, clinical, business and marketing needs of Fairhaven
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or related field (from a CACREP Accredited program preferred)
- Previous education and experience facilitating group therapy sessions
- 2 years in behavioral health previous work experience preferred
Working conditions Residential treatment services are 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year. Partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs are 6 days per week (Monday – Friday from 8:30 AM to 8 PM and Saturday from 8:30 AM to 2 PM). Employees can expect to work on nights, weekends and holidays depending upon specific job role and location.
Fairhaven Treatment Center clients can be expected to have a severe trauma history, complicated by co-occurring conditions such as chemical dependency, dissociative disorders, severe PTSD, and other emotional and behavioral disorders. Prospective employees with a history of eating disorders, trauma or related conditions are advised to strongly consider the appropriateness of this work environment on personal mental health condition. All Fairhaven prospective and current employees are advised to seek treatment from a qualified medical or behavioral health professional in the event of a history of mental illness.
As an eating disorders treatment facility, employees in client-facing roles can be expected to eat meals with clients. Employees in client-facing roles must be able to demonstrate a healthy relationship with food as demonstrated by conforming to Fairhaven treatment standards.
- Walk up/down stairs
- Ability to lift 25 lbs