Fairhaven Treatment Center for Eating Disorders is a residential and outpatient treatment program for adult and adolescent females with symptoms of an eating disorder and co-occurring conditions.
Under supervision of the Clinical Director, Primary Therapist will be responsible for managing the overall treatment plan for assigned residential, partial hospitalization clients. The primary therapist provides mental health assessment, treatment planning, and mental health therapies for persons suffering from eating disorders and related mental health comorbidities. Treatment is provided in the context of a clinical team, supervised by the Clinical Director and in coordination with the Medical Director.
Primary Therapist will be responsible for group and individual services at a residential and outpatient treatment center for eating disorders. Specific job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides primary therapy for residential and/or PHP clients
- Counsels individuals or groups regarding behavioral health concerns such as eating disorders, depression, anxiety, or self-injury and develops and implements therapeutic treatment plan
- Provides initial and ongoing assessment, counseling, and clinical intervention to a designated caseload
- Communicates with relevant internal and external care providers to complete ongoing assessment and to coordinate care
- Participates functionally as a member of an interdisciplinary team in coordination and delivery of patient care
- Provides, individual, group, and family psychotherapy
- Provides clinical support, as needed, to admission team for the timely completion of the initial clinical evaluations of new admissions and insurance pre-certifications when needed
- On-call 24-hours for program emergencies and consultation as scheduled (weekly and weekends)
- Completes all documentation in a timely and comprehensive manner
- Takes on additional responsibilities as needed based on unique skill-sets and programming, clinical, business, and marketing needs of Fairhaven
- PhD or master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or related field
- Licensed in the State of Tennessee or pursuing license while under supervision
Residential treatment services are 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year. Partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs are 6 days per week (Monday – Friday from 8:30 AM to 8 PM and Saturday from 8:30 AM to 2 PM). Employees can expect to work on nights, weekends and holidays depending upon specific job role and location.
Job Type: Full-time