Fairhaven Treatment Center for Eating Disorders is a residential and outpatient treatment program for adult and adolescent females with symptoms of an eating disorder and co-occurring conditions. We are looking for a FT Community Therapist.
Community Therapist provides milieu management in a residential or outpatient treatment center performing tasks that include client management (daily check-ins, basic weights and vitals), therapeutic meal supervision and support, group counseling. Organize, facilitate and implement activities to promote client social and coping skills for adult and adolescent females in an Eating Disorders residential patient treatment facility. Accurately convey client behavior and status, intervention use, client response and client programs both verbally and in-writing to clients, families and members of treatment team. Excellent candidates will have de-escalation training and practical experience:
Ideal candidate description:
- Master's Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or related field from a CACREP accredited program is required
- Must be on track for pursuing license in State of Tennessee
- 2 years of relevant experience in Social Work, Nursing Home, Behavioral Health or Hospital setting desired
- Experience facilitating group therapy sessions
- Outstanding written, verbal and interactive communication skills
- Patient, professional and compassionate personality
- Effective critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Valid Tennessee driver's license
Fairhaven offers competitive salaries, health, dental, and vision benefits, 401k, and paid time off. Fairhaven is the Mid-South's only residential and outpatient facility exclusively focused on adult and adolescent women with eating disorders. Fairhaven offers competitive compensation and benefits, as well as opportunities for education and certification in trauma and experiential treatment modalities.
Job Type: Full-time