Fairhaven Treatment Center for Eating Disorders is a residential and outpatient treatment program for adult and adolescent females with symptoms of an eating disorder and co-occurring conditions.
The Business Assistant will assist with managing daily office operations, communicate with the business office, manage calls and requests from external customers, stakeholders, vendors and contractors. The Business Assistant will support the staff of the office with organization, filing (electronic and paper), client check-in/check-out, manage client requests as appropriate, support the needs and requests of the staff.
Responsibilities include(but not limited to):
- Day to day management of facility to ensure smooth business functioning
- Maintain telephone, fax, computer, IT resources and escalate issues when necessary
- Daily phone, email, face to face interactions with clients, client families, referral sources, approved vendors and contractors
- Screen calls, inquiries for appropriateness to escalate to appropriate Fairhaven colleague
- Conduct business in accordance with Fairhaven policy and procedures
- Maintain and enforce HIPAA requirements
- Self-manage training and development requirements and ask for assistance when necessary
- Process and manage medical requests according to FH guidelines in a timely manner
- Assist with chart auditing in accordance with CARF and insurance standards
- Assist with insurance verification and follow-up.
- Assist with daily financial duties; AP, TL billing, monthly statements, credit card processing, credit card coding, etc.
- Appointments and scheduling
- Manage appointments and scheduling for clients, counselors, dietitian, family sessions
- Escalate appointment conflicts, as needed
- Take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in behavioral health or healthcare related field
- Clean driving record
- Microsoft Office product mastery preferred
- Behavioral health experience preferred
Residential treatment services are 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year. Partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs are 6 days per week (Monday – Friday from 8:30 AM to 8 PM and Saturday from 8:30 AM to 2 PM). Employees can expect to work on nights, weekends and holidays depending upon specific job role and location.
Fairhaven Treatment Center clients can be expected to have a severe trauma history, complicated by co-occurring conditions such as chemical dependency, dissociative disorders, severe PTSD, and other emotional and behavioral disorders. Prospective employees with a history of eating disorders, trauma or related conditions are advised to strongly consider the appropriateness of this work environment on personal mental health condition. All Fairhaven prospective and current employees are advised to seek treatment from a qualified medical or behavioral health professional in the event of a history of mental illness.
As an eating disorders treatment facility, employees in client-facing roles can be expected to eat meals with clients. Employees in client-facing roles must be able to demonstrate a healthy relationship with food as demonstrated by conforming to Fairhaven treatment standards.
- Walk up/down stairs
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.