Hotel Maintenance Technician - Fairfield Inn Joplin
- $15 Hourly
Hotel Maintenance Technician (Line Engineer)
Keep all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day-to-day maintenance of the hotel under the direction of Engineering Management. Continually work towards and support the improvement of engineering service to both guests and associates.
- Report to work on time and in full uniform.
- Train and instruct other members of the staff through sharing of knowledge and skills.
- Operate as an independent mechanic by analyzing problems, identifying courses of action, and implementing solutions with available resources and to a high degree of quality.
- Keep accurate completion and task records in the project files. Set an example of continuous self-development.
- Plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing, and electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners and cosmetic items.
- Clean, lubricate, protect, and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel. See that all tools used are returned to the shop and secured in proper storage area.
- To protect and otherwise maintain your assigned tool pouch and its tools at the discretion of the Engineering Management.
- Monitor systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems.
- Have a working knowledge of fire sprinkler and emergency power systems. Observe and analyze energy and utilities usage in the hotel and on the grounds.
- Look for ways to conserve energy and report any ideas to the Engineering Management.
- Be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect our guests and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency.
- To act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status. To inform Engineering Management of any such emergencies.
- Be aware of all existing departmental Job Safety Analysis and to strive to work in an accident-free manner and to create a safe work environment for others.
- Continuously look for conditions which may endanger associates or guests of the hotel and to take immediate action to correct any hazardous conditions found.
- Read, log, track, and interpret readings from meters, gauges, and other measuring units.
- Maintain a thorough log of each day’s activities and problems that occur and to ensure this information is passed on to other shifts.
- Clean all engineering areas as directed by Engineering Management.
- Work in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean and well organized.
- Serve as otherwise directed or needed to help maintain the effective and efficient operation of the hotel at the discretion of Engineering Management or the hotel General Manager.
- Complete all work assigned in a safe and professional manner. Maintain communications with supervisors to ensure that all needed materials, tools, and supplies are available or on order.
- Follow up on any items that may be on back order. Keep supervisor updated on assignments.
- Provide training and technical advice to other engineers as needed or requested.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Maintains a professional image at all times.
- Maintains the hotel facility and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- Reads, learns, understands, and refers to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Each associate will be required to follow the rules as found in the M&R Employee Handbook. Performs other duties as assigned by management, of which employee is capable of performing
Fairfield Inn JoplinJoplin, MO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.