We are currently seeking a Full-Time Housekeeper for our sister facility, The Gardens At Fair Oaks, Assisted Living Facility located at 4310 Forest Hill Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030. This position would work Monday through Friday including every other weekend.
Applicants will be required to complete pre-employment drug testing and a criminal background check. The Gardens is a smoke-free and drug-free workplace and user of E-verify. We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, then we encourage you to apply now!
• Perform the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping Department to ensure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner
• He or she may be required to help in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations
• Candidates must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift at least 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and for a minimum distance of 50 feet
• Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks with frequent interruptions
• Ability to communicate at all levels, provide instruction and train other employees as required
• Ability to work effectively with minimal supervisor
• Performs daily cleaning of resident apartments, nursing station, lounges, offices, restrooms and any other assigned areas. All work to be done by following standard procedures of Housekeeping Department to ensure a clean and wholesome environment.
• Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of facility to include: dining rooms, restrooms, shower rooms, stairwells, elevators, storage areas, water foundations, quite rooms, resident rooms, working equipment, office areas and other facility areas as required
• Must be familiar with the use of detergents, germicides, and other cleaning/chemical supplies
• Cleans and maintains resident rooms and/or office thoroughly by mopping floors, washing furniture and furnishings, dusting, frames and cleaning bathroom fixtures and walls
• Terminal-cleans resident rooms and prepare for new residents
• Assists in cleaning emergency spills observed or upon request
• Collects, packs and disposes of trash according to established procedures
• Reports and notifies Supervisor of needed repairs throughout the building
• Performs other duties of Housekeeping Aide – Floor Care, if necessary
- Performs a variety of environmental services duties as assigned
- May help evacuate residents during emergency situations
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift at least 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and for a minimum distance of 50 feet
- Some experience preferred
- Must be able to follow spoken and written instructions and work without direct supervision