We are currently seeking a FT Housekeeping Supervisor at Fairfax Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 9am-5pm, M-F and every other weekend.
Fairfax Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is family owned and operated. The Bainum family has earned a reputation for providing quality healthcare for seniors over the past 40 years. Applicants will be required to complete pre-employment drug testing and a criminal background check. Fairfax Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is a smoke-free and drug-free workplace and user of E-verify. We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, then we encourage you to apply now!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the orientation and training of housekeeping department personnel.
- Train assigned personnel in the proper techniques of mixing chemicals, cleaning disinfectants, and solutions; of cleaning methods; and the use of equipment, etc., as directed.
- Review and evaluate the work performance of assigned personnel. Make recommendations to the director.
- Report daily absenteeism and tardiness to the director.
- Counsel/discipline assigned personnel as requested or as necessary. Report such actions to the director.
- Ensure that fire protection and prevention programs are maintained by department personnel in accordance with our fire safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure that housekeeping personnel follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies.
- Ensure that all personnel wear and/or use safety equipment and supplies (e.g., back brace, mechanical lifts, etc.) when lifting or moving heavy objects.
- Ensure that appropriate MSDSs for chemicals being used by housekeeping personnel are on file and easily accessible.
- Ensure that established infection control and universal precautions practices are maintained when performing housekeeping procedures.
- Conduct daily inspections of a Recommend equipment and supply needs to the director.ssigned work areas to assure that cleanliness and sanitary conditions are maintained.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager, Supervisor, or Administrator.
Experience/Requirements: Work experience as a Housekeeping Supervisor or similar role. Must possess, as a minimum, a high school education or its equivalent.
We are always looking for talented, self-motivated individuals to join our team. If you think you are ready to be a part of an exciting team, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
Fairfax Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, The Gardens and The Woodlands is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.