Assistant Director Facilities and Emergency Management (Residential & Fac Develop Mgr)
- $83,646 to $139,410 Yearly
This position will be located primarily at the Sharon Bulova Center for Community Health, with the expectation that frequent travel to other CSB sites will be required. Under direction of the CSB Business Operations Service Director, plans, coordinates, and directs building operations and maintenance. Serves as primary liaison between the CSB, the Facilities Management Department (FMD) and County Security Office. Maintains the CSB's emergency action plan and serves as the agency Continuity of Operations (COOP) Coordinator. Supervises three facilities personnel.
Responsible for facilities planning and maintenance of the 13 CSB sites, and directs the general administration operations buildings, grounds, and equipment. Maintains and develops a work order request and monitoring system for the CSB. Along with FMD, plans and coordinates large capital projects, assists with budget planning and estimates. Reviews the facilities budget for ongoing and routine maintenance. Reviews the facilities budget for emergency maintenance. Coordinates with the County Security Office on communication and standard operating procedures related to contracted security. Regularly communicates with building occupants with respect to the status of projects, upcoming changes, and concerns. Ensures that all buildings are in compliance with Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS) and Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) licensing regulations.
Supervises facilities employees; analyzes work methods and utilization of employee time; reviews and evaluates employee performance and makes recommendations concerning personnel actions; develops, maintains, and schedules employees for on-call work related to emergencies at 24/7 facilities.
Maintains the CSB Emergency Action Plan (EAP) and COOP. Communicates and trains staff on the CSB's EAP and COOP procedures. Conducts regular testing related to EAP and in accordance with state regulations for licensure.
Note: To learn more about careers that make a difference, watch our video "CSB Celebrates 50th Anniversary of Providing Care."
- Plans, manages, and coordinates department's community residential and facility site development, long-range program site planning, resource development, and grant management;
- Oversees projects during all stages of development from planning, funding, leasing and acquisition, architectural and space planning, and renovation, through operations and property management phases;
- Represents department in meetings with CSB Board members, CSB senior management, various County departments, private vendors, citizen groups, the Board of Supervisors, and a wide range of community organizations involved with homelessness, human services and affordable housing development;
- Participates in financial decision-making and asset management of residential leases, major construction and renovation of sites;
- Carries out community-wide planning involving public and private agencies, community based organizations, Boards, Authorities, and Commissions;
- Provides technical support to private sector vendors involved in residential and site development;
- Responds to Federal, State, and local legislation and regulation as it affects disability issues, fair housing and the Americans with Disabilities Act;
- Supports Board in developing policies, plans and strategies affecting the maintenance and expansion of services through appropriate site development;
- Responsible for the CSB Residential and Facilities Site Plan and the CSB submission to the Capital Improvement Program Plan;
- Represents CSB on workgroups and taskforces at the local, state, and federal level;
- Supervises team of staff responsible for all aspects of residential leasing, site selection, renovation and new construction of facilities used by the CSB.
- Considerable knowledge of Federal, State and local legislation and regulations as they pertain to disability issues, fair housing and the Americans with Disability Act;
- Considerable knowledge of the long-range planning, site planning, resource development and grant management that goes into community residential and facility site development;
- Considerable knowledge of all relevant funding streams as well as private sector funding mechanisms;
- Considerable ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Knowledge of building codes, zoning and construction principles;
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of financial management;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with CSB Board members, CSB senior management, various County departments, private vendors, citizen groups, the Board of Supervisors, a wide range of community organizations involved with homelessness;
- Ability to analyze legislation, land use regulations, building codes and key issues affecting the development of human service sites;
- Ability to develop policy on behalf of the department;
- Ability to supervise subordinate personnel and project teams:
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
- Strong project management skills and experience in managing multiple construction and logistical projects at the same time
- Experience and familiarity with emergency planning and continuity of operations
- Strong supervisory skills and personnel management experience
Ability to effectively communicate with others in person, on telephone and in writing. Ability to use a keyboard; transport/lift carry items weighting up to 10 pounds; and commute to various CSB sites. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel Interview and may include a practical exercise.
Fairfax County Government prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, political affiliation, or military status in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Fairfax CountyFairfax, VA
Real EstateView All Fairfax County Jobs
Get fresh Assistant Director Facilities and Emergency Management (Residential & Fac Develop Mgr) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.