Plumber I (Readvertisement)
Performs the skilled journey-level plumbing and pipefitter work required to install, modify, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain new and existing water, steam, or natural gas systems.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or possession of a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) certificate.
- Four (4) years of progressively more responsible experience in plumbing repairs, pipefitting, and commercial kitchen equipment service/repair, two (2) years of which shall have been at the apprentice II or equivalent level.
- Must possess or be able to obtain within six months of hire a valid Commonwealth of Virginia backflow certification.
- Possession of an appropriate, valid motor vehicle operator's license with a good driving record.
- May be required to work an evening and/or night shift on a regular or rotating basis, accept call-back overtime or regular overtime, and/or agree to assume an emergency call-out list status.
- Knowledge of the methods and skills in the use of equipment, materials, and tools appropriate for plumbing/pipefitting and related installation, maintenance, and repair activities.
- Knowledge of common hazards and necessary safety precautions.
- Knowledge of local, state, and national codes.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, diagrams, sketches, blueprints, and manufacturers' manuals.
- Capability to estimate time and material needs, determine when the repair is not economically practical, and perform routine tasks and arithmetic computations.
- Completion of an acceptable apprentice-level plumbing training program.
Fairfax County Public SchoolsHerndon, VA
Get fresh Plumber I (Readvertisement) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.