Fairbanks Scales is looking for an Area Service Manager in the Baltimore, MD area. The Area Service Manager will be responsible for managing the Fairbanks Service Center and all Service Center Field Service Technicians. Ensuring profit and customer growth through maintenance, consultative services and marketing opportunities to industrial scale users in the Baltimore area.
The Area Service Manager will report to a Regional Director and work with many different facets of the organization including other Service Managers and the Corporate Office. They will interact daily with Field Sales to coordinate sales support, service consulting and market analysis activities. The Area Service Manager will communicate with customers and potential customers on their weighing product and service requirements while also developing effective business work relationships with Weights and Measures regulatory personnel and local vendors.
- Provides leadership and oversight of installations and maintenance of weighing products and related apparatus for customers within an assigned geographic area through direction, supervision and business management of the activities of skilled Field Service Technicians, with the support of a Service Administrator
- Prepares and implements short and long term marketing and operational plans, monthly/quarterly and annual forecasts for annual budget
- Hires, trains and manages performance of Field Service Technicians and Service Administrator.
- Directs programs to increase service/product sales through direct/telephone contact with potential customers to seek additional service opportunities and product sales and through utilization of staff.
- Monitors work performed to assure customer satisfaction
- Assures maintenance of accounting, record keeping and reporting functions
- Controls expenditures, work efforts, personnel levels, parts inventory, fleet management and purchasing which is consistent with Fairbanks policies and to meet business objectives.
- Analyzes Service P & L Statement to determine factors in order to better manage increased revenue, profit and quality of services
- Assures that all billing and reporting procedures adhere to company requirements. Insures the availability of office, shop service tools, parts, supplies, inventories and equipment as needed;
- Maintains a safe work environment in compliance with OSHA, MSHA, DOT, Company Safety Policies, and any other local, state or federal regulatory standards and administers safety standards, policies, procedures
- Conducts quarterly safety meetings with all Service Center Field Service Technicians
- Maintains basic knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations affecting the work place
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
- Duties are performed in office/shop environments of Fairbanks and of customer facilities
- Travel mostly in assigned geographic area, for at least 50% of annual hours worked
- Considerable amount of communication is by telephone and by email
- A minimum of 2-4 years direct supervisor experience demonstrating skills in:
- Interviewing and selection
- Counseling and appraising performance
- Developing staff/teams through informal and formal learning activities
- Directing work activities
- Influencing, motivating others to perform assigned responsibilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Experience reviewing and interpreting contractual information needed
- Previous negotiation experience a plus
- Project management experience needed
- Previous Weights and Measures experience would be highly preferred
- Demonstrates perseverance, maturity, self-confidence and common sense
- Previous experience in sales helpful, especially sales of industrial process products
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Accident Insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Participation in the Area Service Manager bonus program
- Company vehicle, laptop,and phone provided
Fairbanks Scales is an equal opportunity employer.
For more than 185 years, Fairbanks has manufactured and provided top quality industrial weighing equipment and dependable service through a network of Fairbanks sales and service representatives and authorized distributors. Fairbanks continues to break new ground in scale design, setting the new standard in weighing equipment and systems engineering while meeting the special needs of our customers.
You can also visit us at www.fairbanks.com
Fairbanks Scales provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.
Fairbanks ScalesWHO IS FAIRBANKS SCALES INC.? For more than 185 years, Fairbanks has manufactured and provided top quality industrial weighing equipment and dependable service through a network of Fairbanks sales and service representatives and authorized distributors. Fairbanks continues to break new ground in scale design, setting the new standard in weighing equipment and systems engineering while meeting the special needs of our customers. You can also visit us at www.fairbanks.com Fairbanks Scales provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. EEO/M/F/D/V