POSITION TITLE: EEO/Compliance Officer
STATUS: Regular Full Time
SALARY: Level II
UNION STATUS: 00 Non-Represented
REPORTS TO: Borough Mayor
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
CLOSING DATE: 10/03/19 9:00 pm AK
The incumbent, under the direction of the Borough Mayor, is responsible for reviewing and evaluating compliance issues/concerns and ensuring conformance with policies, procedures, regulations, and statutes. Responsible for the Borough's Affirmative Action Program, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Program, training, and reporting functions. Ensure compliance with state and federal disability and EEO legislation and regulations.
1. Manage the Borough's EEO Program, to ensure fair and impartial treatment regarding employee recruitment, employment, promotion, training, and retention. Ensure Program compliance with federal and state law, including Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) requirements.
2. Develop, monitor, update, and revise the Borough's Affirmative Action Plan to include a work force analysis and establishment of goals and objectives for recruiting protected classes in underutilized categories. Review all recruitments, including interview questions and pre-employment tests, and suggest modifications when necessary to ensure applicant screening tools are job-related and that all applicants receive fair and impartial treatment.
3. Develop informational updates regarding EEO objectives and activities and present them orally and in writing to committees, employee groups, management, etc.
4. Provide employment information and assistance to applicants; respond to inquiries and questions from the general public, borough departments, and employment agencies within the community.
5. Assist managers and directors in determining progress towards Affirmative Action goals and objectives. Identify problem areas and develop workable solutions; this function includes authoritative review of all hiring actions (excluding appointed officials and casual employees).
6. Act as the Borough's liaison with minority, women, veteran groups, agencies for the disabled, community action agencies, and governmental agencies. Establish a list of organizations and events and document the Borough's participation. Document all outreach activities.
7. Develop and present training for the Borough work force on EEO, harassment, and related subjects. Document all training presented.
8. Accept, investigate, and resolve EEO, harassment, discrimination, and bullying complaints by employees and applicants and attend/hold hearings as required; work with the Borough Attorney for response to complaints and lawsuits.
9. Recommend specific action to correct any employment practice which could be discriminatory, or that does not meet the requirements of the Affirmative Action Plan, including recommendations to the Human Resources Director in collective bargaining negotiations.
10. Serve as the Borough's designated ADA Coordinator, a borough wide resource in addressing ADA facility and public use issues. Ensure compliance with Title II of the ADA.
11. Collaborate with department directors to perform program reviews and audits for compliance. Consult with Borough Attorney as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
12. Serve as designated HIPAA privacy officer for the Borough and School District. Develop HIPAA processes, procedures, and trainings. Coordinate general processes and procedures for confidential documents. Monitor compliance with applicable privacy and protection laws.
13. Make recommendations in the formulation and implementation of FNSB administrative, personnel, and operational policies and procedures.
14. Institute and maintain an effective compliance communication program for the organization, including promoting (a) use of the Compliance Hotline; (b) hei