POSITION TITLE: Architect Engineer-Electrical
STATUS: Regular Full Time
SALARY: Level IV
UNION STATUS: 10 ASEA
REPORTS TO: Design and Construction Manager
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Senior Project Manager
Assistant Project Manager
Others who assist in specific projects
CLOSING DATE: 11/15/19 9:00 pm AK
The incumbent will have technical and professional responsibility to interpret, plan, schedule, conduct, or supervise all phases of various Public Works projects and functions as assigned. This will include directing electrical, mechanical, architectural, civil, and structural activities for Borough owned facilities.
1. Serve as engineer on Public Works projects.
2. Develops project scopes, schedules, and cost estimates for projects.
3. Maintains direct responsibility during all phases of a project to ensure continued feasibility of the project and conformance to approved scope of work, department procedures, and project contract requirements.
4. Provide direction and supervision to Project staff.
5. Advise Public Works Managers on the technical and administrative aspects of projects to include electrical plan review.
6. Negotiate and manage professional services contracts with consulting engineers and architects.
7. Responsible for performing and coordinating condition inventory of Borough facilities.
8. Responsible for the preparation of preliminary and final plans, surveys, reports, and construction documents including the signing and sealing of all final documents.
9. May perform all typical functions as listed for a Project Manager including professional management of engineering and construction projects.
10. Electrical consultant for Borough concerning facility issues and future needs for Borough facilities. Advise and support on electrical issues dealing with power, lighting, and communication systems for buildings and associated site improvements including office, industrial, and parks and recreation facilities.
1. A professional degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited college with an emphasis in commercial and public facilities design and construction.
2. Professional registration as an electrical engineer and the ability to become registered in the State of Alaska within six (6) months of hire is required.
3. Six (6) years' experience in the planning, design and development of projects of which four (4) years should involve direct supervision of projects over $500,000. Four (4) years demonstrated experience in commercial building electrical systems required.
4. Experience in construction and maintenance of public and commercial facilities.