For nearly 50 years, we have been a health care leader in our community focused on providing excellent, affordable primary care to all patients, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. Fair Haven is proud to have a diverse and motivated team of professionals who are constantly seeking ways to enhance and improve the health and well-being of all patients.
It’s an exciting time for FHCHC. We are growing and looking for great talent to join us! If you are a passionate, caring professional interested in improving the health of our community, we’d like to know more about you.
To provide support, leadership & decision-making responsibilities while maintaining high quality services, particularly for the effective functioning of the Call Center. This individual maintains a patient-focused approach towards operational excellence while working as an integral part of the health care team at Fair Haven Community Health Care (FHCHC)
Duties and responsibilities
The Call Center Supervisor is responsible for delivering excellent care in a patient centered medical health center; meeting Fair Haven goals for patient satisfaction and call center service levels; providing ongoing oversight of data to streamline workflows and improve patient experience; improve access to the health center by minimizing delays on the phone lines and reducing dropped calls and contribute to quality Act as a working supervisor for their department splitting time approximately 60% towards taking calls and 40% supervisory duties
- Determine operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, develops and conducts performance reviews, capacity planning, establishing productivity goals, quality, and customer-service standards
- Collaborate with organizational leadership to offer solution focused approaches for daily operations
- Prepares performance reports for the operations team by collecting, analyzing, auditing and summarizing data and trends
- Monitors representatives to ensure timely response to patients and clients, excellent customer service, and appropriate follow up
- Determines training needs and develops ongoing training for staff
- Provides goal oriented coaching, counseling and other forms of support to direct report(s)
- Demonstrates the principles of good management and communication skills
- Acts as “super user”, expert, and trainer of Call Center Systems
- Adheres to company policies and procedures including developing corrective action plans and following disciplinary procedures for direct reports
- Oversight of patient communication including ensuring patient confidentiality, and providing patients with needed information
- Communicates with direct supervisor for decision making and problem solving related to operational issues
- Maintains patient satisfaction
- Ensures that all staff exhibit excelled customer service skills and culturally competent care in all contact and that all activity is in support of FHCHC’s mission statement
- Facilitates and leads meetings as necessary to support the team and the site(s)
- Creates and maintains call center schedule
- Keeps Director of Revenue informed of day to day operational matters
- Responsible to aide in effectively hire of employees in collaboration with Director of Revenue and HR Department, maintaining compliance with FHCHC protocol as directed by HR Department
- Performs other necessary duties required by the Fair Haven Community Health Care to achieve the goal of providing primary health care
Positively contribute to Fair Haven Community Health Center
- Complies with HIPAA guidelines and other regulatory guidelines across all sites
- Adhere to all Health, Safety and Infection Control Protocols.
- Provide excellent customer service and culturally competent care.
- Engage in performance improvement activities and act as an agent of positive change by looking for innovative ways to improve processes and advance clinical excellence.
- Positively represent FHCHC to internal and external clients.
- Perform other necessary duties as required by FHCHC to achieve the goal of providing excellent primary health care in a federally funded health center.
Associate degree; three years’ work experience and supervisory experience in healthcare is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred. A combination of education and related work experience may be substituted for the required qualifications. Oral and written proficiency in English and Spanish is required. Experience with EPIC-Electronic Health Record and/or medical practice management systems and excellent computer skills is highly preferred.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to independently carry out assignments; strong knowledge of medical terminology and relevant procedures; excellent written, electronic and oral communication skills; demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment; strong critical thinking and problem solving skills and portray a pleasant and respectful attitude when: communicating with coworkers, patients, and internal and external clients; accepting direction and delegated tasks; and receiving constructive criticism..
- Variable 8 hr shifts between 7am-8pm, including weekends as needed
Category III—Low Risk Position
Generally works in an oﬃce environment with no exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
Physical Demands: Requires walking, bending, sitting, standing, writing, reading, telephone use, data input into computer, pulling medical records,
Mental Demands: Ability to cope with continual changing priorities under potentially stressful conditions
Manual Dexterity Required: Ability to use a keyboard, telephone.
American with Disabilities Requirements:
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case by case basis.
Fair Haven Community Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FHCHC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR
Fair Haven Community Health Care