Senior Administrative Assistant for Operations
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Fahe is building the American Dream. Join our growing team working to increase opportunity and investment in our underserved communities! Our unique collaborative model connects a Network of local, regional, and national leaders, all working together to ensure no community is left behind. Since our inception in 1980, the Fahe Network has served 687,183 people, made $1.05 billion in direct investments, and achieved a total cumulative financial impact of over 1.6 billion dollars in Appalachia.
The Senior Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing high level administrative support to the Operations Team leadership. Responsibilities include a variety of administrative tasks, including managing multiple calendars, scheduling appointments, planning meetings, and assisting with larger Operations Team needs. The focus of this role is administrative but challenging as it will require balancing workloads in partnership with several Senior Leadership Team members. As a trusted part of the Operations Team, the role requires a highly resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation, and strong analytical skills.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- In concert with calendar owner, Senior Administrative Assistant helps maintain clean, clearly understood calendars and ensures calendar owner has space to prep and debrief.
- Assist with calendaring, communication with attendees, including polling for availability, ensuring adequate information is included in the calendar to help attendees prepare toward a successful meeting outcome and ensuring meetings are set up correctly with location/call in information and pertinent details included.
- Helps prepare for meetings; Takes concise and valuable meeting notes:
- Assists in storage of meeting materials in correct space; Assists in follow-up from meeting.
- Assists in the management of the Senior Leadership and Management Leadership Team Meetings, by ensuring agendas are set, tracking and prioritizing group goals and next steps.
- Decision maker for meeting logistics (audio visual, room set up, special accommodations, etc.) for events coordinated by the department, including, but not limited to: on-site and off-site meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- Participate in planning the Spring and Annual Meetings to help insure that the Operations Team is completing necessary tasks for meeting success. Additionally, provide support as needed for development of content, event planning, logistics, technical support, etc.
- Prepare communications for the Operations Team
- Includes but not limited to: Compose and type regular correspondence (i.e. invitations, requests for information, and informative materials), Creation of Excel spreadsheets, and Creation of PowerPoint presentations.
- Conducts research and pulls desired reports/information/ documentation.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and seek to improve office policies and procedures used across the Operations Team and Fahe as a whole.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in all project work with special regard to strategic vision of the organization, organizational priorities, and goals.
- Completes applicable visa statements; Codes and gets approval in a timely manner; Ensures coding is correct before submission; Ensures other financial paperwork is successfully submitted to finance as needed.
Requirements for this position include:
- Proven work experience as a Senior Administrative Assistant, Virtual Assistant, or Executive Administrative Assistant
- In-depth understanding of office management and daily operations
- Hands on experience with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advanced understanding of MS Outlook, including email and calendar functions
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and conference room audio/visual components
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Able to work in office primarily in the Berea, KY location but also able to frequently travel to the Lexington, KY location
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4 – 7 years’ experience in administrative positions
For the past six years, our staff nominated Fahe as one of the top 100 Best Places to Work in Kentucky. Fahe is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking applicants who can bring diverse viewpoints, experience, talents, and culture to promote our organization’s mission of building the American Dream. We offer a diverse work environment with competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Visit www.fahe.org to learn more about Fahe.
BusinessView all jobs at Fahe