- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Fahe is building the American Dream. Join our growing team working to increase opportunity and investment in our underserved communities! Our unique collaborative model connects a Network of local, regional, and national leaders, all working together to ensure no community is left behind. Since our inception in 1980, the Fahe Network has served 778,114 people, made $1.32 billion in direct investments, and achieved a total cumulative financial impact of over $1.69 billion dollars in Appalachia.
This is a grant-funded position that will be responsible for the overall development of a Coordinated Broadband Plan for Eastern Kentucky, as well as the coordination of broadband development in EKY, including ensuring compliance with agency, local, state and federal regulations. This position will be primarily remote, with the potential for limited travel possible as the project develops and needs are determined regarding engagement of stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Lead and manage the planning and execution of initiatives to further broadband access and expansion in Eastern Kentucky that could be potentially replicated across other regions of Central Appalachia.
- Develop a Coordinated Broadband Plan for Eastern Kentucky.
- Communicate and coordinate with funding sources, community groups, clients, contractors, design professionals, government and elected officials, etc.
- Identify potential ISPs and evaluating funding strategies for pilot project implantation to include potential for public/private partnerships, affordability, financing, and sustainability.
- Work to align local efforts with regional initiatives, including any relevant local councils or governments in Eastern Kentucky, as well as any regional development districts.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies to deliver broadband services.
- Research existing and new State and Federal grant opportunities for broadband expansion; work with internal staff to apply for appropriate grants; develop and manage project plan to ensure that critical grant deadlines and conditions are met.
- Assist with preparation of funding applications and proposals as directed by supervisor.
- Maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with guidelines, regulations, and standards for Broadband development and expansion; maintain proper compliance for all project activities in accordance to funding regulations.
- Other related broadband activities as assigned by supervisor.
- Work collaboratively with Subject Matter Experts to communicate and deliver project plans.
- Monitor project performance, compile and submit required reports to supervisor, stakeholders, and funding sources.
- Responsible for collecting project data and required progress reporting.
Requirements for this position include:
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and efficiency
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and proficiency working with MS Office applications
- Excellent customer service approach
- Ability to engage with Fahe Members, partners, and other stakeholders in a positive manner
- Ability to effectively lead conversations and presentations about the subject matter
- Ability to retain and adapt within a consistently changing environment
- Ability to apply mature, solid, timely, and professional problem-solving skills
*Broadband specific requirements*
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of principles and practices related to broadband
- Knowledge of network engineering and design
- Knowledge of telecommunications networks
- Knowledge of broadband infrastructure, including wired, wireless, and satellite solutions
- Ability to remain up-to-date on the changing broadband landscape
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Associates or Bachelors in related field
- 2 – 3 Years’ Network experience or experience in a related field
For the past five years, our staff nominated Fahe as one of the top 100 Best Places to Work in Kentucky. Fahe is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking applicants who can bring diverse viewpoints, experience, talents, and culture to promote our organization’s mission of building the American Dream. We offer a diverse work environment with competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Visit www.fahe.org to learn more about Fahe.
HealthcareView all jobs at Fahe