- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and coordination of assigned production operations while striving to maintain production goals with minimal delays. Provides operations leadership to achieve and maintain budgetary, productivity, quality, and safety goals. Collaborates with maintenance and engineering to optimize equipment performance and reliability. Establishes clear goals and accountability to direct reports and provides performance feedback on a regular basis. Monitors key performance measures, employee performance standards, and training initiatives. Provide supervision, training, troubleshooting, and technical support. Confirm production goals are met or exceeded, including yield, throughput, safety and quality. Drive continuous improvement principles with people and processes. Requires proven leadership, team building, coaching, and communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Also, additional job duties may be assigned.
- Provides orientation and oversees training for all new, or transferred employees to ensure their understanding of working expectations and safety standards and procedures.
- Structures a learning environment conducive to the attainment of required operator skills and oversees training. Provides development to optimize their performance and personal growth.
- Communicates performance standards to associates, recognizing and rewarding individual and team accomplishments and counseling performance problems. Ensures all associates have the resources and capabilities to effectively accomplish their responsibilities.
- Approves and ensures adherence to production schedules. Monitors the assignment of staff to ensure that production quotas are met for finished goods inventories. Oversee operations to ensure that waste and production costs are minimized and there is conformance to safety and quality standards.
- Conducts meaningful performance reviews with subordinates. Ensures operators meet established safety/performance standards.
- Enforce company rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and exhibit fair and consistent management practices
- Develops, maintains and reports production-related information regarding yields, efficiencies and labor utilization to management.
- Responsible for planning, assigning works as required, proper production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers.
- Investigate and respond to quality problems, tooling, and equipment problems. Follow up and coordinate with maintenance, tool room, and quality
- Assist and promote the team concept in manufacturing by scheduling, supporting and attending meetings, training sessions, special projects, etc.
- Drives continuous improvement efforts in maintenance, production, quality, housekeeping, WPO, 5S, etc.
- Performs disciplinary activities.
- Lead/Participate in Incident Investigations/Near Misses as necessary.
- Assign overtime as required to meet production requirements.
- Responsible for the organization and cleanliness of the production floor
- Keeps Plant Manager and Management informed as to the state of operations and production needs that need to be addressed.
- Performs other assignments as directed by the Plant Manager not otherwise depicted in this general description.
To effectively carry out duties and responsibilities in the job position the following education, experience, or certifications are preferred:
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school, preferably in tool & die making or mechanical engineering.
- 3-5 yrs. Experience within a manufacturing environment. Primary focus will be on CNC machining, welding, and assembly best manufacturing practices.
- Preferably, Hilo License, overhead crane.
- Lean Manufacturing methodology
- Manufacturing and process controls
- 6 Sigma Methodologies
You should be proficient in:
- Lean Manufacturing
- Six Sigma
- Operations Analysis
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- ERP Software
40300 Plymouth RdPlymouth, MI
ManufacturingView all jobs at FactoryFix