A company in New Berlin, WI is looking for a Machine Maintenance Supervisor for a 7:00 am - 5:00 pm opportunity.
- Reporting to the Director of Maintenance & Facilities the Machine Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for planning, coordinating, supervising, and assisting with activities related to machine maintenance. This role will strive to improve the work, our team, and our environment through genuine teamwork, a positive attitude, and open communication, using a safe, practical, hands-on approach.
- Perform diverse repair and installation activities to layout, construct, modify and maintain a wide variety of machinery and systems. This requires an extensive knowledge of mechanics, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, air conditioning, water processing and material handling techniques.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems relating to any piece of equipment within the plant. Dismantle, inspect and overhaul machines and/or machine components, under minimal supervision. Guide and instruct lower classified machine repair personnel when needed. Confer with Management or engineering personnel on need for repairs and/or replacement parts.
- Do skilled fitting and aligning of precision mechanism, drives, bearings, etc. Layout and install molding machines and auxiliary equipment. May assist contractors on plant installation and/or expansion operations.
- Operate lathe, drill press, milling machine, grinder, etc. to make or alter replacement or modified parts. Work from blueprints or sketches. Use a variety of precision measuring instruments to check machine alignment, performance and fit parts.
- Must be aware of and adhere to the various government regulations set by agencies such as E.P.A., D.N.R. and federal, state and municipal governments in the disposal of waste, handling and storage of hazardous substances and regulations as they apply to other job duties.
- Direct and prioritize employee activities each day.
- Work safely, following all safety policies and proactively participating in the safe work of others and the safety of the overall environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent required with at least 3-5 years of experience in the installation and maintenance of molding equipment, electronics, pneumatics, hydraulics, air conditioning and water processing systems
- Evaluate performance of maintenance staff
- Run department within budget constraints
- Preparation in planned PM's
- Perform efficiency reports
- Work with outside vendors
- Prior experience working on Plant Maintenance systems preferred (chiller, tower, material etc.)
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift or carry parts, material and product of up to 30 pounds regularly, 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to grasp, pinch, reach, finger, pick, or otherwise work with fingers, hands and arms for regular tasks.
- Must laugh at jokes and enjoy attempts at humor from other members, no matter how feeble.
- Must be able to wear eye and hearing protection and operate effectively in temperatures ranging from 60 to 110 F.
- Must climb steps, maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling, have good hand/eye coordination, stoop, and bend. Must be capable of visually detecting defects, depth, colors, variances, and see objects as real.
- Minimal local travel required.
- Blueprint Reading
- Mold Repair
- Drill Presses
- Manual Grinders
- Manual Mills
- Manual Lathes