A company in Downers Grove, IL is looking for a Quality Engineer for a 1st Shift opportunity.
- ESA (Engineering Source Approval) Coordinator for fixed process frozen planning.
- Responsible for the creation of PPAP documentation as it relates to the Manufacturing Plan for aerospace parts manufacturing that include gears.
- Provides Manufacturing Engineering support related to in-process inspection creation.
- Manages the gathering of all data necessary for customer submittals.
- Reviews vendor technique sheets for customer compliance and coordinates visits to and implements continuous improvement initiatives with key suppliers.
- Uses Risk Identification and Management techniques such as PFMEA, Control Plans, SPC and PFMEA to ensure the continuous adequacy of the Manufacturing Plan and its application to producing acceptable product quality while meeting product cost goals.
- Co-ordinate with Engineering, Quality Control and Shop Supervision in resolving quality problems as they are encountered.
- Associates/Bachelor Degree in Quality Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering
- 2 years of related field experience
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedures and work instructions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels of manufacturing, engineering & quality personnel.
You should be proficient in:
- Quality Management Systems
- First Article Inspection
- Blueprint Reading