Facility Solutions Group is one of the nation’s largest single-source providers of lighting and electrical products, electrical services, electrical construction, and energy management solutions. FSG working together with ICF on the administration side, provides the execution of the Baltimore Gas and Electric DI Program. This program is a small business direct install program, which focuses on lighting upgrades for qualifying Baltimore Gas and Electric small commercial customers. FSG is dedicated to timeless contribution and service in lighting, electrical, energy, and technology fields. Our mission is to consistently provide our customers a one-stop solution for management and execution of SBDI rebate programs and national energy retrofit roll outs. Our vertically integrated business model consolidates costs, increases efficiencies, scales operations easily and quickly, and delivers projects on time and on budget.
As a Energy Conservation Representative(Sales Rep) for overseeing multiple projects totaling 5-10M with the expectation of completing on time and within the established budget. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate goals and progress with internal and external clients effectively. We are seeking candidates with experience in the lighting industry who are self-motivated, detailed oriented and highly organized to join our team.
An Energy Conservation Representative will:
- Marketing the program
- Customer acquisition
- Generate cold leads and follow up on provided warm leads
- Be able to explain the benefits of the program to customers at an expert level
- Conduct on-site energy efficiency audits
- Prepare and present proposals and enroll customers in the program
- Maintain client communication and deliver superior customer service
- Be successful in enrolling customers in the program
- Secure necessary documents and information from customers
- Update and maintain all systems required, internal and external
- Act professionally and ethically at all times
- Report directly to the Program Manager
The ideal candidate will satisfy the following requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Minimum of one to two year’s experience in direct sales
- Valid driver’s license
- Availability to travel when necessary
- Ability to multitask while staying organized
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Positive customer service skills
- Proficiency with technology and electronics strongly preferred
The Energy Conservation (ECR) supports the Program Manager in developing and account‐gaining strategies, and to provide the required energy related product sales support to close business successfully. The main duty of an ECR is to understand energy‐related customer issues in‐depth, and to combine them with all available product offerings to determine solutions that will reduce energy consumption and operating costs. Most energy specialists work with a Lead Generator to research, identify, and understand customer needs regarding energy efficiency, and to determine overall business and technical solutions to address these needs. This individual leads internal technical resources in order to set up and deliver compelling presentations and demonstrations. An Energy Specialist is responsible for responding to in‐depth customer questions and inquiries, territory management, assignment, program and worklist account management and analysis. Works with and supports internal Marketing resources in participating in marketing in County and local community business groups and events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports Program Manager in developing and implementing lead generation strategies
- Street sweeps
- Cold calls
- Customer referrals
- Contractor referrals
- Corporate Accounts
- Local Chain Accounts
- Drive energy service projects to create new revenue for the company.
- Break into new markets.
- Develop the company brand in the energy market
- Conduct or supervise energy audits at customer facilities.
- Provide solutions to customers based on energy audits.
- Support the design, specification, and execution of successful energy efficient lighting retrofit projects.
- Participate in educational and sales trainings in the energy products and market
- Educate customers on energy solutions
- Provide information to customers on energy conservation incentives from utilities
- Develop and present professional energy analysis proposals, including payback proposals.
- Communicate energy‐market‐related information within the company with a Targets specific customers, corporate accounts, and local chain accounts. Coordinates with Utility representatives, Program Manager, internal Marketing resources, and Coordinators.
- Works and supports internal Marketing resources in broad program marketing, identifies and participates in County and local business associations events. Tracks marketing initiatives and activities.
- Responsible for the following sales metrics:
- Average weekly customer touches – 15-25 touches
- Average weekly number of assessments – 6-12 assessments
- Avg. Monthly Closing Rate – Approximately 60%
Supervised by: Program Manager and/or Sales Manager
Closely works with: Program Coordinator, Customer Service Representative, Team Leader, Lead Generator, Utility Reps