Facility Solutions Group is dedicated to timeless contribution and service in lighting, electrical, energy, and technology fields. Our mission is to consistently provide our customers with superior value through quality products, service and support by contributing to the quality of life of all employees.
As one of the nation’s largest single-source providers of lighting and electrical products, electrical services, electrical construction, and energy management solutions is expanding their staff and seeking an Apprentice Electrician to join the FSG Electric - NJ team.
As an Apprentice Electrician you will work under the guidance of a Journeyman level electrician assisting in the installation, alteration, addition, and/or repair of electrical systems on commercial work sites. The ideal candidate will be working towards a career in the trade with Facility Solutions Group.
An Apprentice Electrician will:
- Gather tools and supplies to be used at work site.
- Measure, cut, and bend wire and conduit.
- Trace out short circuits in wiring.
- Assist in lifting, positioning, and fastening objects such as wiring, conduit, and motors.
- Maintain tools and equipment and keeps supplies and parts in order.
- Clean work area, machines, tools, and equipment.
- Help in securing, relocating and organizing materials, small tools, and equipment from and back to appropriate storage areas.
- Keep work area clean by collecting and disposing of scrap, excess materials, and refuse.
- Assists in pulling wire, lifting, hoisting and positioning materials.
- May operate hand tools and equipment under direct supervision of a Foreman or more senior electrician.
- Assists in mounting and strapping conduit.
- Assists more senior personnel in electrical installations, connections, and terminations under close supervision.
- Performs other project related duties and assignments as instructed by supervisor.
- An apprentice electrician will not work on energized circuits or equipment.