Washington DC 3rd Class Operating Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Facilities PLUS is a full-service facilities and telecommunications management company serving many clients in the United States. We currently seek a full-time Local 99 3rd Class Operating Engineer for a client based in Washington, DC. The person selected will be located in Washington DC and will perform the functions and duties of a 3rd class operating engineer outlined below. All interested candidates must either be a member of Local 99 or willing to join Local 99 of the IUOE.
- Must hold a current Washington DC 3rd Class Operating Engineers license.
- To be responsible to his/her immediate supervisor only, for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance during his/her watch of all equipment in his/her plant as defined below.
- All boilers, their accessories and appurtenances.
- All fired or unfired pressure vessels and vacuum systems.
- All refrigeration and air conditioning machinery and their associated equipment including maintenance and repair of cold storage spaces.
- All plumbing and piping including water, gas, heating, steam, and sanitation systems.
- All electrical appliances and fixtures including lamping.
- All emergency power equipment.
- All electric motors, generators, circuits and switch gear.
- All machinery and equipment used in the production and for the health and comfort of the Employer's business and personnel.
- Any and all equipment under the supervision of the Chief Engineer.
- Energy management systems including all related software and hardware in conjunction with or absence of third-party energy management contracts.
The current shift available is Sunday 07:00 – 15:00 and Monday through Thursday 10:00 – 18:00.
In 1994 Facilities PLUS was ranked #97 on the Inc. 500 list of fastest growing companies in the U. S.
Facilities Plus was formed in 1989 by spinning off the Facilities Management team from GE Information Services. We believe it was one of the first contracts to totally outsource real estate, facilities and telecommunications management. GE Information Services, now known as GXS/Open Text, continues to be a valued client. Over our 30+ years we have implemented many innovations and added many clients. In 1994 Facilities PLUS was ranked #97 on the Inc. 500 list of fastest growing companies in the U. S.