Construction and Contractor Coordinator
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, vision, 401k, dental,
Summary – Supports/contributes to project planning, scheduling, construction document review, construction site surveys, on-going construction inspections, and punch lists for ACR projects at HQ. Participates in design engineer and construction contractor coordination from initial project planning, design, and preparation, through project completion and closure. Supervises construction contractor activities and advises project manager on compliance with construction documents and relevant building standards, equipment specifications, safety procedures and security requirements. Participates in the preparation, compilation, follow-up, and close-out of all construction punch lists. Manages contractor executed building maintenance and repair services. Contributes to the evaluation of maintenance and building service delivery, quality, and efficiency. Supports and participates in facility condition assessments and studies planning and development. This position requires to work full time onsite and may require some local travel to visit other sites.
- Pre-construction Coordination
- Reviews construction documents and surveys construction sites to ensure that documents accurately reflect existing conditions, and all relevant information is included in the construction documents.
- Prepares the project site for construction through coordination with appropriate personnel and contractors.
- Supports Project Managers by keeping the ACR Space and Asset Manager (move coordination) and the TSG Corporate Security Team informed of the areas affected by construction and the areas to be vacated, as necessary, prior to construction.
- Construction Coordination
- Coordinates contractor activities including contractor access to the site, security procedures, construction guidelines, coordination with and notification of Security and Engineering staff, etc.
- Surveys construction sites as often as necessary to ensure general compliance with construction documents, quality standards, and schedule. Reports findings to the Project Manager.
- Enforces Client and Facilities Plus safety practices and construction procedures to ensure contractor compliance.
- Evaluates potential issues with construction projects and recommends solutions to Project Manager.
- Quality Control/Punch List Coordination
- Assists with ongoing inspections of projects to ensure quality control standards are being met.
- Participates in the preparation of punch lists for each construction project. Ensures that all punch lists prepared by the project team (Project Manager, Team Leader, Architects/Engineers, Building Engineers) are consolidated and provided to the contractor.
- Assists the Project Manager with the closing/acceptance of the punch list with the contractor.
- Maintenance Services
- Manages contractor building maintenance and repair activities related to building envelope (roof, façade, windows, doors, pavers), concrete, painting, flooring, tile, ceiling, metal, marble and wood refinishing, atrium fountain, and all other related building systems and components.
- Addresses maintenance and repair issues by evaluating the source of the issue or problem and recommending a solution to the Team Leader or Project Manager. Implements solution with contractor resources and monitors quality of work to ensure necessary objectives are achieved.
- Conducts building maintenance and repair surveys and inspections, especially of heavily trafficked or sensitive areas such as the Fitness Center and Child Care Center. Enters work orders in ServiceNow and/or utilizes contractor resources to ensure work is addressed satisfactorily.
- Minimum ten years in facility construction and maintenance or similar fields. Knowledge of Washington, DC area commercial construction practices.
- Proficiency in MS Office and other software - Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint, ServiceNow
- Ability to transmit ideas and information in written and oral forms in a clear, organized and effective manner. Spanish language skill a plus.
- Strong interpersonal abilities, superior customer service skills and ability to deal with clients in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and organize workload and to efficiently handle multiple tasks related to various project concurrently.
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to manage electronic and paper project files.
In 1994 Facilities PLUS was ranked #97 on the Inc. 500 list of fastest growing companies in the U. S.
Facilities Plus was formed in 1989 by spinning off the Facilities Management team from GE Information Services. We believe it was one of the first contracts to totally outsource real estate, facilities and telecommunications management. GE Information Services, now known as GXS/Open Text, continues to be a valued client. Over our 30+ years we have implemented many innovations and added many clients. In 1994 Facilities PLUS was ranked #97 on the Inc. 500 list of fastest growing companies in the U. S.