Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Workplace is creating the Future of Work. Launched in 2016, Workplace is a communications platform that is used by over 3 million paid users worldwide to transform how they connect, collaborate and get work done. This is a growth-stage SaaS startup within Facebook. The Finance objective is to figure out how to successfully and efficiently scale the business and reach people everywhere.Facebook is seeking a Finance Associate who will partner with business unit leaders to help drive financial discipline and performance across this new growth business. As part of the Finance team, this person will operate across the full spectrum of finance needs including strategic and financial planning, budget management, investment decisions, and managing business partner relationships. This is a particularly good fit for someone who wants to leverage their analytical rigor to drive business impact.
1. FP&A: Manage the quarter-end close, annual, and long-range planning processes. Own day-to-day relationship with Corporate FP&A.
2. Budget Management: Conduct regular budget reviews with business leaders. Partner with business leaders to allocate and re-allocate our investments in strategic and operational priorities. Provide recommendations and create urgency on any gaps to the financial plan.
3. ROI Analysis: Analyze the ROI and unit economics on our headcount and operating expenses across product, go-to-market, and support functions. Use findings to inform team goals, investment levels, and opportunities for improvement. Build business cases for new investment opportunities.
4. Business Unit Reporting: Create holistic business unit revenue and P&L reports. Be the central Finance lead for holistic Workplace reporting - collaborating with other Finance teams across different Facebook functions. Create improved processes.
5. Approvals: Review purchase requests to ensure accuracy and compliance with financial plan.
6. BS in a business-related or quantitative field (Finance, Economics, Math, or similar discipline)
7. 4+ years of professional experience in FP&A
8. Demonstrated track record of delivering on the above responsibilities
9. Proficiency with Oracle and Hyperion (Essbase)
10. Experience in sharing business narratives with executives
11. Experience in SaaS
12. Proficiency with Tableau or Salesforce
13. Experience in business partnering closely with Product, Marketing, and Sales leaders
14. Experience in investment banking or private equity
15. Experience in SQL
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.