Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As a Software Test Automation Engineer (STAE) at Facebook, you'll ensure the delivery of a high-quality software and tooling for Facebook products. The STAE is composed of one part software engineer, one part program manager, one part test/QA engineer. You'll be responsible for building and executing test strategy and plans across multiple products and platforms. You'll also debug issues across the hardware and software stack, builds tools and implement fixes alongside Oculus hardware and software engineers. You'll have intimate knowledge of all the current issues, build heat maps and bug burn-downs, along with track and report detailed metrics to key stakeholders which would lead to go/no-go decisions per milestone. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented engineer, has strong cross-functional skills who has a passion for building great hardware and software products and improving engineering efficiency. You will ensure the release of Facebook products that will delight our billions of users.
1. Build a test-driven engineering culture that drives improvements in quality.
2. Evangelize test automation to scale testing efforts across multiple products.
3. Build automation testing functionality of apps built for Facebook ecosystem.
4. Plan, develop, and automated test strategy for multiple products.
5. Build tooling for the QA team to improve efficiency in manual testing by the vendors.
6. Implement fixes to the product using existing or engineering built tools.
7. Identify, test, track and report KPI trends over the course of the project.
8. Partner with Automation and Infrastructure team to leverage automation to allow better reliability and scalability.
9. BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
10. Experience debugging applications on Platform, PC and Mobile component.
11. Experience coding in Python or PHP or Java or C/C++ or equivalent language.
12. Experience in building test automation for Mobile apps & Web products.
13. Experience building tooling and test automation frameworks.
14. Experience in building tools to debug issues across the software stacks.
15. Experience reporting progress and results to stakeholders.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.