Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking Research Interns to join various teams in developing next generation products and platforms doing research and engineering at scale. As a Research Intern, you will help us bring the best of Artificial Intelligence technology to Facebook products. Our efforts are to push the bar in three directions: build reliable platforms that scale to thousands of engineers, push state of the art in AI for maximum product impact and build new experiences using AI.The duration of this internship is 16 weeks with Summer, Fall, and Winter start dates. Internships will be awarded on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early. To learn more about our research visit https://research.facebook.com
1. Perform research to advance the science and technology of intelligent machines
2. Devise better data-driven models of human behavior
3. Contribute research that can be applied to Facebook product development
4. Perform specific responsibilities which vary by team
5. Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a PhD degree
6. Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
7. Experience in C++, Java or other related language
8. Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
9. Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
10. Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
11. A strong interest in theoretical and empirical research and for answering hard questions with research
12. Ability to communicate complex research in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
13. Experience building systems based on machine learning, reinforcement learning and/or deep learning methods
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.