Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Calibra is a Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide financial services for Libra, a new global currency powered by blockchain technology. The first product Calibra will introduce is a digital wallet, which will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp and as a standalone app. The first version of Calibra will support peer-to-peer payments and a few other ways to pay such as QR codes which customers can use to accept transfers of Libra. Over time, there will be many other use-cases for Calibra including in-store payments, integrations into Point-of-Sale systems, and more. When launched, Calibra will have strong fraud and privacy protections. The Calibra digital wallet is expected to launch in 2020. The engineer would lead the effort on developing our peer to peer network layer to support our near term goal of building a performant and reliable blockchain system, and long term goal of growing blockchain to global scale. Handling topics such as membership management, network identity, message routing, gossip/broadcast in dynamic, trustless environment.
1. Design and deploy new peer to peer network architectures
2. Define, and develop optimized network monitoring systems
3. Develop automated methods to mitigate and remediate network events
4. Analyze and debug data to diagnose and address root causes to system level network issues
5. 5 or more years of experience with engineering
6. Experience in the network stack
7. Experience with linux/unix, TCP/IP, and various network layer protocols and libraries
8. Experience in L4-L7 layer optimization
9. Experience and track record building large scale network infrastructure and deliver into production
10. Experience using code primarily C/C++, Java, or Rust
11. PhD research on scaling peer to peer networking
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.