Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Messenger is one of the fastest growing apps in the world-over 1.3 billion people use it every month. Messenger offers a rich and expressive way to instantly connect with the people. Whether sending a text, or sharing photos and videos, making a free call or video chat, Messenger makes it easy to communicate. Messenger is also redefining messaging apps with a hugely popular platform that allows businesses to effectively communicate with their customers. As a team, we combine the best parts of a fast-moving startup while operating at global scale. We're looking for a results-driven, execution-focused Product Marketing Manager to join our team and work closely with Product, Engineering & Sales to develop and grow Messenger's ad products and business solutions. The successful candidate must have strong experience in business strategy and a demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams across the company to drive results. Ideally, the candidate has experience leading go-to-market or commercialization of a product or service, preferably in digital advertising or business-to-business industries. He or she must thrive as a leader of cross-functional teams, exhibit excellent analytical and communication skills, and have a strong bias for action. If you are passionate about solving business problems and thrive in a fast-paced environment, we'd be thrilled to meet you. This is a full-time position based at our headquarters in Menlo Park.
1. Assess and prioritize expansion opportunities, building both business strategy and external narratives for Messenger
2. Identify opportunities by conducting industry research, including deep quantitative, qualitative and competitive analysis
3. Lead market assessment, quantitative analysis, qualitative feedback, and represent the requirements of the market internally with Product Management and Engineering
4. Demonstrate an understanding of the broader Facebook and messaging ecosystem to develop product direction and positioning
5. Lead market segmentation and opportunity assessment efforts to prioritize advertising product opportunities for helping businesses drive business outcomes using Messenger
6. Plan and lead cross-functional efforts to drive product beta programs and launches
7. Partner with Product Marketing Communications and all sales channels to create product marketing communications, including all sales-facing materials, press releases, etc.
8. Drive product adoption and usage by developing and managing adoption plans in partnership with Sales, Marketing, and Product
9. Currently has or is in the process of obtaining an MBA degree
10. Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
11. 3+ years work experience in strategy consulting, product marketing, business development, sales operations, or equivalent function
12. Communicator with experience simplifying concepts and influencing executive audiences
13. Cross-functional experience collaborating with partners and managing stakeholders
14. Advertising, media or other B2B experience
15. Experience working in product marketing or product management (working closely with product team and/or sales)
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.