Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Mechanical Subject Matter Expert join our Data Center Operations team. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our systems operate to meet the demands of our customers. The Mechanical Subject Matter Expert will be a part of the facility operations team and will be responsible for being the mechanical system technical operations expert. The candidate will need to be experienced in diverse technologies such as chiller systems, evaporative cooling, HVAC, DX cooling, water distribution, water treatment, emergency diesel generators, fire suppression systems, and have a working knowledge of building automation systems and electrical distribution. This position is full-time and will be based at the data center in Los Lunas, NM.
1. Serve as a technical/consultative resource of mechanical infrastructure systems and equipment
2. Hands-on troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of mechanical equipment
3. Assist in authoring processes, procedures, and reporting metrics
4. Analyze data to assist development of predictive maintenance plan
5. On-site Lead for root cause analysis activities in area of expertise
6. Oversight of water quality maintenance
7. Provide training to Critical Facility Engineers on mechanical equipment and procedures
8. Manage vendor relationships for mechanical equipment
9. Perform any additional services needed to meet the requirements of the facility in support of maintenance functions
10. Travel to other data center regions
11. Ability to travel up to 20% of time
12. High school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED)
13. 7+ years Mechanical Journeyman level experience
14. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
15. Experience interpreting blueprints/CAD drawings
16. Working knowledge of psychrometric charts
17. Working knowledge of critical facilities operations
18. Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and life safety monitoring and control systems typically used in critical environments
19. 7+ years' experience in a data center or other Critical Environment (pharma, clean room, medical, power production, etc.)
20. Trade Certification or state license in Mechanical (HVAC)
21. Professional affiliations (7x24 Exchange, IFMA, Data Center Pulse, etc.)
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.