Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an Electrical Engineer experienced in the design and operations of Critical Facilities to become part of our Data Center Strategic Engineering team. Our data centers are the foundation upon which our software operates with efficient ease. Building and operating data centers the "right" way from the day they go live is synonymous with ensuring capacity availability and capital conservatism. The Facebook Data Center Strategic Engineering team endeavors to be the benchmark of innovation for the data center industry and improve reliability, safety and efficiency through innovative solutions, enabling Infrastructure teams to excel in achieving their goals. This position is full-time and located in our Fremont office.
1. Lead the team in the development of conceptual design changes to data center electrical infrastructure for improved reliability, efficiency, speed to market and cost
2. Lead pilot or proof of concept projects to evaluate benefits and feasibility of the solution for broader deployment
3. Cross-functional collaboration with other Facebook teams including Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Network Engineering and Capacity Engineering and Analysis
4. Provide technical due diligence review and evaluation for the data center site selection process
5. Develop strong industry relationships with other data center peers and organizations to remain current on industry trends and future directions
6. Travel to data center sites (domestic and international) for engineering studies, electrical systems audits, and collaboration with local teams
7. BS in Electrical Engineering, or related field
8. Electrical Professional Engineer registration
9. Minimum of eight (8) years experience in electrical systems design, construction, operations, and maintenance
10. Knowledge of high voltage substation design, medium voltage distribution systems, mission critical power distribution, generators, UPS, PDU, and Building Management System
11. Knowledge of industry standards, building codes and safety standards including NEC, NETA, ANSI, IEEE, NFPA, UL, UFC and UBC
12. Working knowledge of international standards including IEC, CE and EN
13. Experience with construction process and cost estimating process
14. Cross-discipline knowledge of complete critical facility systems
15. Troubleshooting and analytical experience
16. Experience providing solutions to projects under pressure
17. Presentation and communications experience
18. Large and complex system design experience, including campus systems
19. Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, or related field
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.