Assistant Project Manager
- Posted: 5 days ago
Do you enjoy working on challenging renovation/remodeling projects? Do you take pride in producing quality work that contributes to the success of the organization? If so, then Fabling Built is looking for you!
Fabling Built is a high-end residential construction company that has been changing lives in Virginia since 2016. When it comes to kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling, whole home renovations, home additions, basement renovations, and attic renovations, you won't find a better business. We focus on more than just completing the job, getting paid, and moving to the next project. Instead, we take our time to engage with each of our clients to ensure that they are having an enjoyable experience while upgrading their space. Fabling Built is a growing team of construction professionals, with a proven track record of exponential year-over-year growth.
To learn more about us, check out our website here. https://fablingbuilt.com/
We are looking for a driven Assistant Project Manager to join our growing team in Henrico County, Virginia! As an Assistant Project Manager (APM), you will lead a team in the execution and completion of a variety of construction projects. Your goal will be to make sure that all projects run smoothly from start to finish and ensure the team has all the resources and support needed to be successful.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager to develop a management plan for each assigned project.
- Assist with creating cost estimates for labor, supplies, materials, and other project costs as needed.
- Execute the management plan, identifying areas needing adjustments and making recommendations.
- Oversee an interdepartmental team to complete projects on time, within scope and to defined specifications.
- Schedule and direct the work activities of all staff members, contractors, and subcontractors based on expertise, work experience, and time constraints.
- Attend project hand-offs with the Project Manager, Sales Team, and clients.
- Order materials needed for each project and coordinate material deliveries with vendors and suppliers.
- Collaborate with the team, the client,and other pertinent stakeholders to ensure specifications, zoning requirements, and other regulations are met.
- Monitor the budget throughout the project and communicate variances as they occur.
- Inspect all work to ensure quality standards are met.
- Oversee all contractors and subcontractors to ensure that their work meets Fabling's quality standards and adheres to specifications.
- Develop a strong professional relationship with each client by remaining available via phone or email, providing regular updates on project status, answering questions, and addressing concerns.
- Prepare and maintain project documents, work records, and reports of information such as task orders and job logs.
- Maintain a safe working environment by monitoring safety procedures and equipment.
- Attend and complete Client Walk-throughs, Punch Lists, and Post Project Reviews.
- Counsel staff members in work-related activities, personal growth, or career development.
- Participate in the evaluation of staff members regarding both advancement and discipline requirements.
- Serve as a liaison between the company, clients, and vendors to facilitate construction activities.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local, industry, contractual, and company regulations, standards, specifications, and best practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Customer Service Oriented
- Must have demonstrated experience in leading a team to complete a variety of renovation and/or remodeling projects
- Demonstrated skills and/or experience in one or more building trades is required
- Thorough understanding of contracts, plans, specifications, and regulations
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with an ability to multitask and oversee several projects simultaneously
- Ability to make intelligent and quick decisions, working well under pressure when faced with unexpected occurrences
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to travel is a plus; must have a vehicle, a valid driver's license, and a clean driving record
- Experience with a construction project management software such as CoConstruct is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Proven ability to meet the physical demands of the job as needed (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads of up to 80 pounds, working in varying weather conditions, etc.)
Why Choose Fabling Built?
- Great benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k - matching)
- PTO and paid holidays
- Strong team-oriented environment
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities (Build your own Career!)
- Professional development & continuous learning opportunities
- Access to a company vehicle and mileage reimbursement for personal vehicle use between jobsites
- Apply today and let us know why you would be a great fit for our Assistant Project Manager position!
Fabling Built is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected status established by federal, state, or local laws.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?